Austin Babies
Options

Disappointing studio pic experience

I just feel like venting, and I'm long-winded: Wink

There's a studio in Houston that has real live bunnies for Easter and I got some adorable ones of Elena with the bunny 3 years ago when she was just a baby. LOVE them.

Since I was in Houston at the right time this year, I decided to go again, and was super-excited b/c I was getting the girls' flower girl dresses and what would be cuter than the girls in flower-girl dresses with bunnies???

But ugh, you really can get sucky photographers at those places.  I kept telling the lady we came Just For the bunny pics and I wasn't going to spend $$ on anything but bunny pics - ESP b/c I'll have pics of the girls in the dresses from the wedding - but she wouldn't listen!

*She spent most of the time trying to get individual shots of the girls.  (if anything, I'd prefer shots of the girls together b/c those are SO hard to get!)

*When she *finally* brought the bunny out, she was still so determined to get some individual shots of Julia that she'd do close-ups of her W/O the bunny!

*She was S L O W.  You can't be slow with 2 kids and a bunny!  She just sat there holding her camera instead of clicking and missed some great shots where Julia and the bunny were touching noses! (OMG, SO CUTE!)

*She was determined to get ones of the girls looking at the camera, and didn't bother taking ones where Elena had the bunny in her lap and was looking down at it adoringly (Elena was in LOVE with the bunny).  Those would have been SO CUTE!

*She insisted on changing the background to some gray thing even after I said I preferred black (hello, girls in ivory, white and brown bunny = not good on mottled gray) Her response:  OH, you can change it in post-processing if you want.  When the one shot I kinda sorta liked ended up on the gray background, the chick taking my order said they would not change it in post-processing.

I could go on and on.  My future SIL arrived in time for me to view the pics and order.  She completely agreed with the overall suckage.  I took my one $11 pic and that was it, and really didn't even want that one.  AND they don't print immediately like I've gotten used to at Picture People.

Now I want to "rent" a bunny and take my own pics!

imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: Disappointing studio pic experience

• Options
    How disappointing and frustrating! Sorry your photographer sucked. You should totally rent a bunny :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That sounds awful.  I know you were looking forward to it.  I'm sorry!  Maybe we should have a bunny renting GTG.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    well, that stinks!
  • Options
    wasn't there someone here or on the nest that got a bunny for their DC?  Maybe you could borrow the bunny?  Big Smile
    IMG_1749_2
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! That sucks. I was going to say the same thing as Taffy. I would love some bunny pics too!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

There is a photographer in Round Rock that has bunnies and chicks I think. I'll drive by tomorrow and see what it says.

Sorry you had a sucky time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry about that :(

?Julian has been begging for a bunny for the past couple of months. ?We've promised him one when we get our house sold (or IF we sell it). ?So when the time comes, we can lend out a bunny :)?

• Options

Haute Baby is having pictures with bunnies from a local bunny rescue this Friday and Saturday.  They are asking for a $20 donation.  Other than that, I don't know how much prints will be, if anything.  The photographer is Sharla Martin and I liked what I saw on her website, sharlamartinphotography.

I know how having a SLOW, inexperienced photographer makes the experience almost painful by missing all the good shots or wasting your "window of smiles"...  I think I got a 16 year old who didn't understand photography or kids before Christmas.  I can't imagine why anyone would think he'd be a good choice to interact with clients and give him a camera.  I know in my instance, you get what you pay for, but that's what we had to work with at the time.  You'd think a special Easter Bunny promotion would have a decent photographer tied to it.

I hope you get another opportunity to get the shots you want of the girls before Easter!

• Options
    sorry your pics didnt come out. but i feel bad for the bunnies too. poor little guys getting manhandled by kids all day long. i wonder who takes them after easter pictures?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

:( ?Bummer! ?What a disappointing experience.

My cat would be happy to bring you a bunny. ?He brings me a bunny every day lately. ?But methinks a dead bunny is probably not the look you're going for. ?Ugh.?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    UGH! That sucks! Sorry you did not get any cute bunny pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"