D.C. Area Babies

DD #1 has Coxsackie virus

...otherwise known as hand, foot and mouth disease.  Ugh.  The worst part is having to keep her away from the baby.  The doc scared the beejesus out of me when he said "oh yes, it would be dangerous for the baby to get it."  Yikes.  So DH and I are spending the weekend swapping care for each kid - washing our hands like crazy.  It's really frustrating.  This while I'm still recovering from mastitis.  Boo.  Sad
Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: DD #1 has Coxsackie virus

• Man...when it rains it pours Umbrella I'm sorry you've got to deal with all of this at once. How did your DD get HFM?

• I had it as a teen, SOOOO painful!
  • Loading the player...
  • oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that!!
  • Oh no - that is awful.  I broke out in really bad cold sores on my lower lip after DD#1 was born and they scared me too when they told me how dangerous it would be for her to catch the virus that young.  It was a lot of hand washing and mask wearing and that was on me as an adult - it must be so much harder to contain a toddler.  Did they say how long she will be infectious?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"