Philadelphia Babies

Which double stroller do I get?

I need one that can hold an infant carseat as well as my 2 year old.  I have looked into the Sit and Stand Double Stroller from One Step Ahead.and the Graco Quattro Tour Duo (heavy!) ...any thoughts?

Re: Which double stroller do I get?

• I tried a few double strollers before we purchased the one I have now and absolutely love. First we had a Joovy sit and stand. It was very light weight but it did not provide enough support for my 2 year old (there was just a bench and no seat for her to sit on). Also, she always wanted to sit in the front and she couldn't in that stroller. So I sold that on craigs list and bought a used jeep wagoneer. Don't ever go near that one, it just doesn't stear. Anyway, Finally I got my dream stroller, a kolcraft contours. It has so many options, you can position the seat any way you want, there is a car seat adaptor (you take one of the seats out which is a cinch). You can even take one of the seats out if you only have one of the kids so you have tons of room for packages. It also has handles on the sides for older kids to hold on to. It stears great. The only drawback is that it is heavy but most of them are and I am willing to put up with that because I love everything else about it! Also it is red and I love red!
  • one more thing, I have a friend who has  Graco Quatro tour duo and it is a little bit hard to stear.
  • Loading the player...
  • We were in a similar situation - had an infant and a 17-month-old who would be too small to stand in the back, or sit on just a bench.

We bought the Baby Trend Sit-N-Stand LX at Target.  It has a padded seat you can put on the back to use it like a regular double stroller, or you can remove the seat and there's just a small bench for the older child to sit on, or he can stand.  My younger son's Graco carseat snaps right into the front.

I liked the Kolcraft Contour, but it was way too heavy for me.  I could barely lift it.

• babytrend has a sit n stand that also converts to two full seats. That's what we were planning on, we can just use it however the older child prefers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"