Blended Families

I am going to sound like a bad SM

SS is going to his mother's for spring break.  And all I can say is, "Yea, a week free!"

Don't get me wrong, I love the boy.  He has made huge progress in his anger control and is more age appropriate in his behaviors.  We have even had the talk and he has decided to stay with us next year.  

But between the baby and the boy's extra cirricular activities AND keeping him happy when not otherwise occupied, I am tired.  

Of course, we have had a full week of thunder, lightening and rain, so I this could be the cabin fever talking...........

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: I am going to sound like a bad SM

• Ummmm, not bad. You need a break, and so does he. Work out for everyone!
  • um, you dont sound like a bad SM you sound like a normal mom! I agree we all need breaks!!! I said the same thing when I put SD on a plane last week!! But boy was I glad when she came home...i missed her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally not bad.  I do that when my mom watches DD, and she's only 2.
  • HAH.  Totally not bad.  I made my MIL re-plan her trip here to meet the baby so that she would be here while my SKs are on Spring Break.  That way, SHE can entertain them, instead of me! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sdc81sdc81 member
    Everyone needs a break... from their OWN children sometimes, as well... so don't feel guilty about looking at this as time to recharge your batteries. 
  • Why does that make you sound like a bad SM?  Shoot, I'm the BIOmom and have those evil thoughts.

Aaaaaaah.  Freedom.  Enjoy your "spa week."  :)

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"