Orange County Babies

Finger foods ?

So I know this is asked all the time on 6-12, but I've never paid too much attention.  Just curious what kind of finger foods you give your little ones (other than cut up fruits and veggies).  I just started Stage 3 for dinner, but they seem silly.  When did you or will you stop feeding jarred/pureed food?  There aren't very many choices in Stage 3 (DS has a dairy allergy too) and it seems like I might as well be feeding him more finger foods, like cut up pasta, bits of pancakes, etc.  Right now he mainly eats purees and Puffs as snacks.  I think more than anything I'm just kind of a chicken when it comes to feeding him non-pureed food!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finger foods ?

• I think I only fed Olivia a stage 3 once, it was spaghetti and cheese from Earth's best but she seemed to like it.

She started out with eating cheerios as finger foods, and then branched out to steamed frozen veggies (like peas, corn and green beans) and soft fruits (like strawberries and steamed apple). ?Some of her other first finger foods were elbow macaroni, cut up meatball (it was hard for her to eat regular meat like chicken at first), and cheese (though I guess that wouldn't work with your DS' dairy allergy). ?Basically just feed him anything that is not too hard and cut up. ?It makes things a lot easier when they begin to feed themselves!?

• Thanks!  He definitely tries to feed himself and seems ready to move on; it's just me holding him back, LOL!  I feel weird giving him, like, ground beef or shredded chicken, even though I know it's fine...it just seems so..."grown up."  Oh well, time for me to venture into new food territory!  My little man is growing up Crying
  • Loading the player...
  • I stopped as soon as he was grabbing the spoon, prob about your LO's age. turkey meatballs, pasta (shells or stars), pancakes, homemade pot pie, he loves cheese (but I know that's out for you), chicken, fish, scrambled eggs and lots of steamed veggies & fruits. He loves cheerios! Have fun with it!
  • Thanks for the ideas!  I'm heading to Albertson's to grab some stuff for him and our culinary adventures...I'm actually a little excited.  I guess that just means I'm a mom!
  • We used homemade/jar food with my DD until she was 9 months old.  When my DS turned 7 months old and we started solids, we went straight to finger foods because he refused to be fed from a spoon.

Here are some finger food ideas:

https://fingerfoods.wetpaint.com/

• imageSally J:

We used homemade/jar food with my DD until she was 9 months old.  When my DS turned 7 months old and we started solids, we went straight to finger foods because he refused to be fed from a spoon.

Here are some finger food ideas:

https://fingerfoods.wetpaint.com/

Thanks...I'll bookmark that page Smile !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"