Working Moms
Options

To move or not to move?

-->
I'll try not to let this drag on and just give the highlights. I am 16 weeks pregnant and about to graduate from college in a few weeks. I have been offered two jobs in Maryland where we have no friends or family. We know very little about the area (well actually nothing about the area except it's 20 min outside of Baltimore). We would be relocating from GA between May and June if I chose to pursue either of these job opportunities. The companies DO know that I am pregnant and still offered me the positions, however, I'm worried about making that kind of transition at this stage with so much going on (graduation, new marriage, new career).

Re: To move or not to move?

• Options
    for some reason only 1/2 your post is showing up for me -- can you repost?
  • Options
    I'll try not to let this drag on and just give the highlights. I am 16 weeks pregnant and about to graduate from college in a few weeks. I have been offered two jobs in Maryland where we have no friends or family. We know very little about the area (well actually nothing about the area except it's 20 min outside of Baltimore). We would be relocating from GA between May and June if I chose to pursue either of these job opportunities. The companies DO know that I am pregnant and still offered me the positions, however, I'm worried about making that kind of transition at this stage with so much going on (graduation, new marriage, new career).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you stay in GA, what are your opportunites? 

I moved to where I am now with my family 2 times zones away, not knowing a single person, not knowing how to get around, and with $20 in my pocket.  But, I had a job.  Or, I could have lived at home without a job.  While I didn't do it pg, it is possible.

Oh and just FYI, you may not qualify for the maternity programs that the companies offer their employees.  I know where I work, you have to work there for a year to qualify for the time off. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"