Secondary IF

While I wait for the dr's response, maybe someone here knows...

I had a transvaginal u/s today to ensure that everything was "clear" and take a general look-see, as my doctor called it.

Background: I am on CD 13 and I tend to ovulate late.   I took Clomid CD 5-9.  I have not ovulated yet this cycle

I got the u/s results back from the lab late tonight and it states my doctor will follow-up, which she did via e-mail.  It seems everything is normal, as the lab called my uterus "unremarkable." Smile

Here is my question:  Dr wrote in the e-mail "I think Clomid may help you since there were multiple follicles on the ovaries."  What the heck does that mean (other than she thinks the Clomid is good)???????

I wrote her back to ask for more details, but was curious to see if anyone here could shed some light on multiple follicles (the lab report says multiple follicles on right ovary, large follicles on left).

TIA

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012

Re: While I wait for the dr's response, maybe someone here knows...

• Since you have no replies yet, I'll take a stab at this... (and please note that I have no insight into your background)...

Often times, women with PCOS have multiples follicles on their ovaries, hence "polycystic ovaries". So, Clomid may help you to drop a few of those eggos.

Hey, SIF experts, cut me some slack. I may be a newbie here but I tried ;)

• It sounds like you could be ready to ovulate soon, and that clomid helped to stimulate that. If the Dr. Thought that PCOS were an issue, she probably would have said something. I have PCOS, and have 20+ follicles on each ovary, that do not release each month.G

Good luck, and let us know what they say.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses - it is hard to wait until Monday to get a reply from the doctor!

She hadn't mentioned PCOS and the lab report didn't mention cysts on the ovaries.  I ovulate on my own (confirmed through charting and OPKs) but my doctor prescribed Clomid as she thought it would help me to ovulate earlier in my cycles and make it a "stronger" ovulation, which it sounds like it might have done.

DD 11/7/04, DS 6/24/06, Chemical Pregnancy 6/08, TTC #3

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Everyone gets multiple follicles on their ovaries every month. (OK, for "normal" people that actually ovulate every month) But only one of those follicles matures to a size big enough to be fertilized and ovulates.
    - Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"