Pregnant after 35

JenniferTCU

I am in South Redondo.  I just never updated my profile.  I have lived in the South Bay for the better part of 20 years.  I went to Loyola and we would get a beach house for the summer and continued to live by the beach since graduation in 1992.  I did live in Seattle for two years, but other than that, I am a South Bay girl. Lots of fun in my twenties which could be why I waited until I was 35 to get married.

When did you live here?

Mmmmmm Pedones?  I love their fried mac and cheese.  Yummy!

Re: JenniferTCU

• Oh gosh- I totally miss the South Bay. I am a native Texan but moved to San Diego for a year and then Redondo for 4-5 years. I've been back in TX about 4 years now. The only thing I couldn't stomach was the price of real estate. My ex-DH and I lived near Ave C and PCH in a cracker box that was $1750 a month. This thing was so tiny! I wanted to buy a place but we couldn't afford $800k to buy and he refused to move out of the South Bay so...yada yada yada.

Some of the things I miss most are hearing the ocean early in the morning, taking walks along PCH, riding our bikes on the strand, Pedones, the scones at Chez Melange on Sunday morning, Uncle Bills pancakes....ah I miss it!

You truly live in paradise! :) I was talking to ex-DH yesterday and he mentioned taking the dogs for a walk on the strand...it tugged at my heartstrings!

• Chez Melange moved or closed, I can't remember which.  They aren't in the PV Inn anymore which is a shame. 

Reading your post made me realize that I take for granted all of the great things around here.  I am going to take the baby out for a walk and enjoy the nice weather.Big Smile

Uncle Bill's is the best!  It is much harder getting out with two, but I think I'm going to tell DH we need to hit Uncle Bill's this weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"