South Florida Babies

wood/laminate flooring?

We are dying to do laminate or wood floors in our house.  anybody have any recommendations for reputable businesses in Miami?  I would really appreciate it!!

Re: wood/laminate flooring?

• We used Artistic Wood Flooring. They were great, very quick and it looks wonderful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have any recs but if you have a day or so and want to save money you could easily do it yourselves. DH and I just installed laminate flooring 2 weekends ago to our living room and hallway. It was super easy and we have no experience with laying any kind of flooring. We just went to Home Depot, brought our dimensions to one of their flooring employees and they showed us what we needed and how to do it. I'd say it took us a total of 8-10 hours or so (with breaks for Riley's naps too) Just a thought.
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNicksgirl121:
    I don't have any recs but if you have a day or so and want to save money you could easily do it yourselves. DH and I just installed laminate flooring 2 weekends ago to our living room and hallway. It was super easy and we have no experience with laying any kind of flooring. We just went to Home Depot, brought our dimensions to one of their flooring employees and they showed us what we needed and how to do it. I'd say it took us a total of 8-10 hours or so (with breaks for Riley's naps too) Just a thought.

Ditto. DH and I did it 2 weeks ago in the nursery, just the 2 of us. We bought the materials at Home Depot and it took about 4 hours. It was so easy to install, they he did all the cutting, while I was laying/snapping all the boards together. The whole room (12'x13') cost about $300. Our bedroom's next!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You've been to my house and seen my floors.  All I have to add to this is that I had a pipe burst in my litchen it ran for like three minutes, and flooded the whole kitchen and got to the wood in the dining room. Now not only do I have to pay to repair the kitchen.... but as you can guess, I now have to fix my floors. Personally I would go with tile, or if you want something nicer, maybe marble, or a friend of mine even put granite on her floors and it looks CRAZY good!  Things like this can happen any time and if you plan on being in your house for a while, I would go with some fool-proof material like STONE! Mental note, NO wood in my next house ;o)  The home-owners insurance policy only covered the kitchen, so we have to pay a $500 deductible for that, plus the cost of the foors completely, since the floors are not covered =/
  • thanks, guys!  we want to do it ourselves, since m afmily is very handy :) 

kris- we were going to do the whole house except for the kitchen and bathrooms.  we're going to leave the kitchen with the whtie tile and, hopefully next year, we're going to redo our kitchen!!  (i'm DYING to have an all white cabinet kitchen with glass doors.  drool lol)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"