Alabama Babies
Options

When did you DC start STTN?

Re: When did you DC start STTN?

• Options

It really depends on the baby - He should be sleeping some longer stretches but by all means, he's probably too young to STTN just yet.  Avery was doing WONDERFULLY until a few weeks ago and has reverted to waking up at 3-4 am every night. 

And FWIW - Dr's "define" STTN as 12-5am... go figure

• Options
    He is down between 7 and 8 and wakes between 12 and 3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I think that unfortunately they "consider" STTN 6 hours straight, which to any normal person, isn't really STTN....  Jenna slept 6 hour stretches after about 8 weeks, but still, at one, often goes down at 7 pm or 8 pm and wakes up around 4 am...  I'm still waiting for a nice 12 hour stretch at night....
  • Options
    We will STTN a few nights, then go back to waking up 1-2 times....
  • Options
    Caleb just turned one year and started STTN about a week ago.  Most babies don't take that long to do it, but for whatever reason, he did.  I must say, it is WONDERFUL!  Everything is so much easier when you aren't tired all the time!  However, just b/c they start STTN doesn't mean it will be consistent....teething and sickness cause them to wake again. 
  • Options
    Caroline's only done it a few times.  We're in teething hell, unfortunately...my poor baby!
  • Options

I just got an email from babycenter saying that "at 6 months your baby should be sleeping through the night - meaning 5-6 hour stretches"

so - yeah, you're lucky he's sleeping that much already!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"