Los Angeles Babies

Visiting LA - need beach hotel recs please!

Hi Ladies!

I'm going to be in LA after getting off of a cruise in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to get some hotel/area recommendations.  We would like to stay at the beach, somewhere pretty central to where we don't have to use our rental car a lot.  I'm not familar with LA so I am a little overwhelmed as to where to even start. 

Thanks for your help!

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11

Re: Visiting LA - need beach hotel recs please!

• There isn't really a "central" Los Angeles area so much, but...

I would suggest looking in Santa Monica if you want to be near the beach. It is pretty pricey but there's a lot to walk to, shops, food, movies, all that.  I know there's a Holiday Inn, The Lowes (sp?), Shutters, and the Viceroy all near to each other. Look near the 3rd Street Promenade area, or Main St.. A little further inland near Sunsent Blvd. and the 405 freeway is a nice hotel too, I think it may be called the Angeles.

Good Luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto Sunny..dont stay at an airport hotel.    Its AWFUL there. I think there's  Sheraton in Santa Monica, as well as a few other boutiquey places.  You'll like it in SM.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP.  In Santa Monica, the following hotels are nice and close to shopping/restaurants/beach:

Loew's SM,  Viceroy, Shutters,  Casa del Mar,  Fairmont Miramar

Near UCLA/Brentwood/405:

Luxe Hotel, Angeleno

• If you are getting off a cruise you might be in Long Beach or San Pedro.  Lots of hotels in downtown Long Beach (Westin, Hyatt, Best Western...) and lots to in Long Beach and cities close by.  Free/Inexpensive bus that will take you to different places/shopping/restaurants.  Look at hotels close to Pine Ave. and Ocean Blvd.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Where are you making dock at? That will make a huge difference.

Is it Long Beach, San Pedro...etc?

• the beach house in hermosa is fantastic. its right on the beach, right by good stuff, close to LAX and not too far from long beach.  Its a little pricey but totally worth it!

ETA: I just noticed the 'central' comment. Nothing is central in LA. You have to drive everywhere. if you are looking to minimize driving, santa monica has the most there.  I used to be a manager at Loews and its amazing.  you have the beach, the pier, third street and great restaurants. Then you could make one day trip to beverly hills/hollywood and feel like you saw LA!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"