Orange County Babies
Options

Kristel

I just realized you have a Keira! We are planning on naming our little peanut Keira Rose.

Dh and I cannot agree on how to spell it. He wants it to be Kira. I imagine my little one just like Keira Knightly when she grows up so I'm pushing for spelling it with an e.

Re: Kristel

• Options

You have such good taste in names!  :-) 

My husband and I also considered Kira and Kyra.  Kyra was a "finalist" with Keira, but a surprising number of people said they thought that would be pronounced to rhyme with Tyra, like Tyra Banks.  So we went with Keira because we thought no one would mispronounce that.  Plus, I love Keira Knightly too, so I think it's a beautiful spelling.

Sadly, we were wrong about the mispronunciation-- so many nurses and front desk people look at it and say ?Kiara.?  Grr.

• Options
    Rose was also one of my choices for the middle name, but DH vetoed it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We ruled out Kyra for the same reason. Kira was to plain for me but DH loves it. I even thought of Ke'ira to avoid any other pronounciations. I been spelling all documents and family blog as Keira to get DH use to. we will see who wins when we have to spell it on the birth certificate Wink

Rose is my mom's name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"