Orange County Babies
Options

Dr. Flora

Some of you have or do see her right?  I think my OB/GYN is no longer doing OB (since she's not listed on Hoag's website as anything but just GYN ... I'd have to call but I also don't think she's taking my insurance any longer).  Dr. Flora takes my insurance ... Dr. Lee (who I know a lot of you recommend) doesn't take it either.  I'm going to call and see if I can get an appointment with Flora for just an annual but we're also TTC so I need a new OB.

Thanks for any recs!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Dr. Flora

• Options

I tried to get in to see Dr. Flora, but she was going to stop taking my insurance, so I ended up seeing Dr. Jody White (from the same group) and love her.  I switched OBs around 12-15 wks (I think) and I'm so glad I did.  My other one just wasnt as personable.  Dr. White has been great.

I've heard great things about Dr. Lee, but when I tried to make an appointment,  she makes you see the nurse practioner first, and then the next appt you get to see her.  Since I was switching OBs I didnt want to wait that long to meet a Dr.  But  since you're just getting started,  then waiting shouldnt be a big deal.

Good luck!

• Options
    I have Dr Flora and love her.  She just stopped taking HMO insurance and they are migrating me to Jody White as well.  I am sad to lose Flora but have heard good things about Dr White.  Glad the PP also likes her.
    Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Gyn dropped her OB practice so I see Dr. Gigi Kroll whom both my hubby and I love! We have anthem bc ppo but I know she takes a lot of different insurance providers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ok so I called and made an appointment for my annual.  I actually am on Dr. Brooks (in the same office as Flora) list so I will see her NP for my annual in 2 weeks.  If I become pregnant in that time frame then I'll call and reschedule.  Dr. Brooks only sees GYN patients so I asked what happens if I end up pregnant.  They said that I will see Dr. Brooks for my first exam and then she will switch me over to another doctor in the practice based upon my needs and personality (??) ... I figure what that means is I'll see whoever has an opening.  I'm glad to hear you gals like the Dr. White since it sounds like that might be who I end up with.

I have a PPO ... well a POS through Kasier ... Private Health Care Systems (PHCS).  On the Hoag site it says Brooks doesn't take it but when I called she does.  I know Dr. Flora does as it's on her site so I should be fine when it comes to that (HMO vs. PPO).

I didn't even try Dr. Lee's office since it looks like they don't take my insurance.

Thanks ladies!!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

• Options

Does anyone know if this practice (Flora, Kroll, White, Brooks, etc) have a website??

Our Journey to Brenden

3 babies waiting on ice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"