South Florida Babies

Teeth Grinding

Now that Riley has her top 2 teeth along with her bottom 2 all she seems to be doing is grinding them together. Ok, so it's not all the time but it seems like it to me. It soooo gives me the chilly willies and it makes my jaw just ache listening to it. It's difficult for me to not set her down and walk away so I can't hear it anymore. Even tonight as she finished her night time bottle, I just held her and wanted to cuddle with her and the grinding began and continued even after she feel asleep. My Mom says all babies do this and it's just a phase. When will it stop!?!?!

Did your LO grind their teeth? Do you remember how long they did this? Is there any way to make it stop?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Teeth Grinding

• Mikey did this on and off mainly when he got new teeth. It bugged me like crazy but it does stop. He hasn't done it in a long time but I'm sure whenever his last set of teeth come in he'll start right back up.
  • I asked the pedi about this at Mikey's visit last week and she said that it is completely normal at this age. They like the sensation they get from doing so (especially when a new tooth comes in) and it won't cause any damage to the teeth they have now.
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Noah used to do this ALL THE TIME and it gave me the heebee jeebees!  It does stop, eventually, once the novelty wears off.  Sorry, earplugs are all that can help you right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"