D.C. Area Babies
Options

OB rec for delivery at Inova Fairfax?

Hi everyone,

I was a regular on the DC Knot boards a couple of years ago.  Now we're expecting our first baby in late October, and I'm looking forward to falling in love with The Bump!

I'd like to deliver at Inova Fairfax Hospital, and the practice I've gone to for my annual gyno exams doesn't deliver there.  (I'm not really in love with my current practice anyway -- fine for yearly exams, but super-huge and impersonal.)

Can anyone recommend a good OB (or OB practice) for deliveries at Inova Fairfax?

Thanks!

Re: OB rec for delivery at Inova Fairfax?

• Options

The practice I go to used to be NoVa OBGYN Associates, but is now a part of Capital Women's Care. I think they are great - it's 5 doctors that you rotate through so the person who delivers isn't a stranger.

Good luck! 

3700 Joseph Siewick Dr
    Fairfax, VA   22033
    Phone: (703)-698-8060
    Fax: (703)-620-1364
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PM

• Options
    LOVE my practice! and they're close to the hospital off of 50 and Prosperity.  The Drs. are Andersen, Maanavi, Muasher, Yoon, and another newer dr.  I know there are a couple other nesties on here that go to them too.  703-560-1611
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNowDNAtoo:
    LOVE my practice! and they're close to the hospital off of 50 and Prosperity.  The Drs. are Andersen, Maanavi, Muasher, Yoon, and another newer dr.  I know there are a couple other nesties on here that go to them too.  703-560-1611

Ditto this. I've been going to Muasher for several years now & she delivered DD in 12/2007. I also liked the other doctors (they have you see each doc in case there's an emergency, and who ever is on call when you go into labor, etc).

I know several people IRL who go to this practice too and are very happy with them.

• Options

I used Capital Women's Care (formerly Northern VA Gynecologists) and loved the practice.  Absolutely no problems.  You rotate through all of the doctors in the practice throughout your pregnancy.  The doctor who delivered my DD, Dr. Kusic, was my favorite so I felt very fortunate that he was on-call the day DD decided to be born!  I also really liked Dr. Hou and Dr. Stas. 

They have locations in Fairfax (703-273-6635), Alexandria (703-971-7633) and Herndon (703-435-2574).

GL!

• Options
    I also see Dr. Andersen, Maanavi, Muasher & Yoon. I love all of them. Dr. Maanavi and Dr. Davis (she recently left) delivered my boys.
  • Options

Agree!  So far they have been great.

They were highly recommened by my sister in law.  I believe Dr. Maanavi delivered both my nephews.

• Options

Another rec for Drs. Andersen, Maanavi, Muasher, Yoon and Kinder.  I can't say enough good things about them!  Dr. Andersen delivered my DD and was incredible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageohamtobe:

I used Capital Women's Care (formerly?Northern VA Gynecologists) and loved the practice.? Absolutely no problems.? You rotate through all of the doctors in the practice throughout your pregnancy.? The doctor who delivered my DD, Dr. Kusic, was my favorite so I felt very fortunate that he was on-call the day DD decided to be born!? I also really liked Dr. Hou and Dr. Stas.?

They have locations in?Fairfax (703-273-6635), Alexandria (703-971-7633) and Herndon (703-435-2574).

GL!

?

I used the same people and liked all of the doctors. ?Dr. Kusic delivered my DD and I had no complaints.?

• Options
    I use Capital Women's Care (Alexandria). Doctors are such a subjective taste - I didn't care for Kusic or Hou (as the other posters) but I love the others in the practice (especially Stas, Rothchild, Tran).  I highly recommend the Alexandria office!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"