D.C. Area Babies

Anyone deliver at GW Hospital?

We just found out we are expecting and need to decide between our OB's office in DC that delivers at GW or their Reston office that delivers at Inova Fairfax.  I haven't heard great things about Fairfax so I was hoping to get some feedback on GW.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone deliver at GW Hospital?

• Does your OB teach at GW? Barely any OBs have privleges there anymore so I'm surprised to hear that. I didn't deliver there but I would say it depends where you live. I have heard good things about their delivery and I believe they have a NICU. My doctor is very close to GW but only delivers at Sibley and I heard that GW does not give privleges easily anymore.
  • I delivered at GW, and would recommend it. I did have a few minor complaints, but those were all due to me not understanding how everything worked, and not being very assertive -- not because of the care my baby or I were receiving. For example, in my completely exhausted state after DS was born, it was hard for me to comprehend that, after so long as "one", we had different nursing staffs. So I kept asking the wrong people the wrong questions. But, if I were to have another child, I'd want to go back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"