Trouble TTC

Family wedding... I'll be 5 months along...

Hey, ladies! My brother is getting married outside in a botanical garden in May. My husband is in the wedding party, wearing a tux. I have been looking on line and in stores for nice dresses under $100. Any ideas? I will be 5 and 1/2 months along. The colors of the wedding are pink and brown, and while I don't want to look like I am trying to make myself a part of the wedding party- I would like to have a dress that coordinates with everyone for all the pictures. You know- nothing to loud, or red or something. Basically, I just want to look pretty, and at least as dressed up as my handsome DH, since I will be quite round and pregnant in these pictures for eternity.

So far Motherhood has the best selection, but I haven't found anything perfect. Where have you found good dresses or skirts and tops? TIA! 

Re: Family wedding... I'll be 5 months along...

• I have seen some at JCpenny online that don't look too bad and are between $30 and $50. I'm not sure how dressy you are planning on going. You could check a bridal shop, but you'll probably end up paying more than you want to.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I saw some cute ones at Express, they're not maternity, but they are the flowy summery ones that will definitely fit you at 5 months.

• Loading the player...
  • I would just suggest looking for anything in an empire waist (banding/embellishment/ribbon/ties just under the bust). It will show of the smallest part of you so you will feel great in it, and you don't have to get one in a maternity shop.

Also, colour-wise I would feel the same if my DH were part of the wedding party, wanting to co-ordinate but not look like that's what I am trying to do. Wink If the dresses are light pink, go with a dark/deep pink and vice versa. That way you'll look like you match without trying too hard.

GL.

"Great hearts steadily send forth the secret forces that incessantly draw great events." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~ Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I saw some at the Motherhood outlet near me. The prices weren;t bad on the dresses. Didn't look at all the styles as I wasn't in the market for a dress - but also JCP is an option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to Destination Maternity the other day to try stuff on and even though I have no need for a nice dress I tried this one on

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=974520023&Category_Id=0023&Category_name=Evening%20Dresses&MasterCategory_Id=MC3&website_Id=1&shop=&viewall=

It doesn't look fabulous in the picture but it was sooooo cute on. It is made out of a tafetta type material and it looked much more expensive then it was. I am contemplating buying it to have just in case because it is such a good deal. It is part of the Motherhood brand so if you don't have a DM in your area you could probably just get in at Motherhood. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"