D.C. Area Babies
Options

what vax schedule did you follow?

i know, this is about the millionth (or zillionth) time this has been posted... but, what vaccine schedule did you wind up following?

we have our appointment on Friday - and, are still undecided.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what vax schedule did you follow?

• Options
    We're following the standard vaccination schedule.  I haven't seen enough info to persuade me to go in another direction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    We went with the AAP schedule.  i was on the fence until the day of the appointment.  I  don't regret our decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Standard AAP schedule here as well.  I have not read anything in the literature to convince me otherwise. 
  • Options
    we are doing all the vaccines as needed but instead of doing them every 2 months, we do them every month. 4 shots at once is just too much IMO so I go in every month and DD gets 2 shots. She's also not in daycare so if she gets a shot or 2 a couple of months late, it's not a big deal
  • Options

Sofka, did your pediatrician give you any flack for choosing that schedule? DH and I had been talking about going with all of the standard shots just less per visit (and in turn, more visits). Just wondering since I have a meeting with our chosen pediatrician next week.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD has gotten all her vacs on the standard schedule.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we intially did one vaccine a month for the first few, then two a month, and now `we are going to follow the standard schedule, i think anyway. after skimming thru dr. sears' book, i wanted to space out the alumnium containing ones so he didn't get overwhelmed with too much at once. its hard to type with a squirmy baby, so i'll just say his view of aluminum in vaccines convinced me to spread out my vaccines.
  • Options

imageSofka:
    we are doing all the vaccines as needed but instead of doing them every 2 months, we do them every month. 4 shots at once is just too much IMO so I go in every month and DD gets 2 shots. She's also not in daycare so if she gets a shot or 2 a couple of months late, it's not a big deal

This is what we'll be doing as well.  Except we are not doing the Chicken Pox, Hep B, or HPV vaccines until she's older.  Our pediatrician supports the alternate schedule and even posts both on their website:

https://penguinpediatrics.com/immunization_schedule.html

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options
    BabyHatch, no the DR is very supportive of this
  • Options
    After reading Dr. Sear's book, we decided to follow a delayed vax schedule.  It's not quite the same as his, but it's more spread out than what the AAP recs.
  • Options
    imageHikerBride07:

imageSofka:

This is what we'll be doing as well.  Except we are not doing the Chicken Pox, Hep B, or HPV vaccines until she's older.  Our pediatrician supports the alternate schedule and even posts both on their website:

https://penguinpediatrics.com/immunization_schedule.html

Ditto Hikerbride and Sofka.  My main concern in following the AAP's schedule was the alumnium content.  So we've spread them out and are delaying a few until she's older.  Our pedi has been very supportive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"