Special Needs

G-tube fell out? I rather have the mic-key, anyway

My lil' guy could have pulled it out, or it fell out not sure.  I almost had a heart attack.  It happened last night and we zoomed to the children's hospital and it took them 5 minutes to put in a new one.  I almost had another heart attack.

I was recommended to get replacement tubes, but I'm having the most difficult time finding a medical supply store that has one or willing to order one / two.

Any recommendations? Does insurance cover?

Those of you who LOs have the mic-key, I was told that my little guy had to be older to get one.  Is that true?  He's 4 months.  Wouldn't it make sense to have a mic-key button with a little one that wants to tug on things?

Re: G-tube fell out? I rather have the mic-key, anyway

• OMG that is my nightmare...Owen has a tube put in a few weeks ago.  I believe that they won't put a mic-key until 6 months after the g-tube surgery.  At least that is how they do it in Boston.  The site needs that long to fully heal i think.  Good luck!
  • Olivia had a fundo and gtube surgery at the same time.  They put the mic-key button in right away.  We love it.   It's easy to replace if it falls out and it hasn't impeded Olivia at all.  She was 5 months old when she had the surgery and gtube put in.

• Loading the player...
  • your home health care company should beable to send you out a replacement. I know when you get the mic-key you should also have an extra at all times.  Carter got his mic-key button 6 weeks after his g tube was in. For what is worth I have no idea how to replace his button at all, if it falls out we will be at the hospital so they can do it.

• My son got his Mic-Key placed 12 weeks after his original G-tube surgery. The surgeon also wanted to wait un til he weighed at least 15 lbs before switching to the button. ?I hope your guy can get it soon!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"