Minnesota Babies

Please Share

How is everyone doing?  I know we have a wide variety of women on MN but maybe there are a few of us in the same situation. 

Currently PG?  How far along are you?

TTC?

Miscarriage?

New Mommy?

Share your story!!

I?m currently starting cycle 2 of TTC.  First cycle was kind of a nightmare so this cycle I decided to chart.  I?ve blogged about it so feel free to read my blog which is a jumble of thoughts and mainly a place to vent.  I don?t have any girlfriends who are pregnant so I use this sight to help answer all my questions.  I would love to hear your pregnancy/TTC adventure.

Re: Please Share

• I just thought I would reply with some information about me.

I am about 18 weeks pregnant, and this is our first child. It was a really rough first trimester, so I am really happy to be in my second trimester and to be feeling better.

Kathleen

• Have you decided between Mercy or United yet?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi!  I am in my 19th week, and I'm going to be having my big ultrasound next wednesday!   I'm so excited.  We got very lucky and I got PG right away.  IT's our first and like I said we are excited but scared and nervous!  I was pretty sick during the 1st tri-I didn't every throw up but I was naseuous the whole time-all day, everyday.  Luckily,  it went away right as the 2nd tri started.  

Keep on trying!  GL!

I think it's a great idea to get this board cookin'!  I like knowing that there are others in the area that are going through the same stuff that I am!  Plus maybe someday we can all get together with our babies!  

• imageAmber&Jesse:

I think it's a great idea to get this board cookin'!  I like knowing that there are others in the area that are going through the same stuff that I am!  Plus maybe someday we can all get together with our babies!  

I agree! Very cute bump by the way! Let us know how your u/s goes.  how exciting to hear your babies heart beat.

• Hey everyone. I totally agree about this board, I always check on here, and very little discussion. I would love to post more.

I am a first time mom to a son. He was born on the 4th of July(2008). It is so rewarding and fun, not to mention tiring and hard. So basically every describing word under the sun!

I loved being pregnant. Had a pretty easy pregnancy. Went very fast as I was finishing up my college degree through out the pregnancy.

I was a little overdue (5 days) tried for a med free delivery but did not happen. He was sunny side up, so i had back labor. Ended up getting an epidural after other meds did nothing. After several hours of pushing, it was obvious he was not coming out so I ended up with a c-section. All in all it was 24 hours long. As painful as it was, i cannot even describe or really remember it now. Totally worth it!!!

I am excited to hear about how other pregnancies are going, and who is TTC. GL!!?

• imagebaul0010:
    Have you decided between Mercy or United yet?

We had out son at Mercy. Had a positive experience. IRL, I know so many women who have had their babies at Mercy. None for United though.?

• Your son is such a handsome little man!  How did you break the news to your parents and in-laws?  Although I am not PG yet I am always trying to think of a fun way to tell them.  I now feel some sympathy towards males when deciding how to propose. J  Nothing I think of seems fun enough.  

• Actually we found out yesterday that our new insurance does not cover either; so we will be going to Monticello/Big Lake- which is great since its about 2 min from the house. The only downside is that my Doctor cannot deliver there.
  • imageloverm:
    Actually we found out yesterday that our new insurance does not cover either; so we will be going to Monticello/Big Lake- which is great since its about 2 min from the house. The only downside is that my Doctor cannot deliver there.

Honestly when the time comes, you probably won't care who the Dr is as long as they help get your baby out.

I switched providers at 6 months because we moved, its what worked. ?My new practice told me that even those I see Dr. X, Dr. Y might deliver if on call. All the luck of the draw. At when the time came, I did not care.?

• imagebaul0010:

Your son is such a handsome little man!? How did you break the news to your parents and in-laws?? Although I am not PG yet I am always trying to think of a fun way to tell them.? I now feel some sympathy towards males when deciding how to propose. J? Nothing I think of seems fun enough. ?

Ahh, thanks!! He changes so quickly.

Okay, how we told everyone. Long story.?

We found out we were pregnant the night before my sister's wedding rehearsal. We weren't going to tell anyone until we had gone to the Dr and after my sister and her husband were home from their honeymoon. Don't want to step on anyones toes.

However, I blurted to my younger sister (promised not to tell) after the rehearsal, she was so excited.?

My DH and I left with his family for San Diego 3 days after my sisters wedding. We were all going there to watch BIL graduate from the Marine Boot Camp. ?So we told his family in CA. ( A little premature, but it worked out fine. No problems with the pregnancy, just so excited!!!!)

After we came home from San Diego, that night we went to a family friends wedding. We convinced my sister and her DH so come over to our parents house after the wedding (they had just got home from their honeymoon), and we just told all my family at my parents house.

My IL's were thrilled!!!! My parents were shocked, but had guessed when we were like "oh, come over. Please come over, we want to hang out...etc"

After than initial shock, total excitment!!!! It is the first grandbaby on both sides, and he couldn't be more loved.

So, nothing elaborate or cute, Just the plain truth. When we have another one we will definitely incorporate "big brother" in to the reveal.?

• I'm almost 21 weeks now.  This will be our first baby.  We weren't necessarily trying but we weren't trying not to conceive either, so this was a pleasant surprise.  We just decided that we're going to deliver at North Memorial and we had our big u/s appointment last Friday and found out we're having a girl!!  I was so excited that we ended up buying the nursery bedding and furniture that weekend.  My husband just painted the nursery this week and now we're just waiting for our furniture to be delivered.  I can't wait to see what it all will look like :)

I've had a very easy pregnancy so far.  I haven't had very many symptoms as of yet and I was never sick.  I'm actually down a total of 7 lbs. so far too.  The only thing that has changed is that I don't tend to eat meat as much as I used to, it just doesn't sound as appealing anymore.  Which I heard is common and natural when carrying girls.

I'm glad this thread was started, it's nice to hear other Mom's stories that are right here in Minnesota!! 

• KelnKyle-I have having my big U/S next Wednesday an done of my co-workers swears I'm having a girl because I keep eating all this fruit...Have you had that craving?  I've never heard of the meat thing but I'm the same way!  I used to LOVE eating steak and now I'm kinda like, "Oh whatever."

• Amber&Jesse - Are you finding out at your appointment what you're having?  If so, you'll have to post the results!!  I had heard the fruit thing and it's true with me.  I'd rather eat fruits and veggies over meat for most meals.  When I do feel like meat I make sure to eat it so that I'm getting enough protein.  I've also found that I have a bit of a sweet tooth now ... I never really did before.  At least not like now.  I took one of those "Old Wive's Quizes" I found online and it put me at 87%-93% we were having a girl everytime, and it was right!
  • Hi everyone. I'm Molly, this is our first baby and we live in Robbinsdale. All first trimester I was so so sick until I was about 18 weeks. I have been feeling better but don't have that famous rush of energy I heard would appear in second trimester. I wish I was healthier about my eating and I haven't worked out once?so I feel a bit guilty about that! I hope everyone is enjoying seeing grass and warmer weather.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I check in once in a while, but don't post much. I think I was on theknot when some of you were still in diapers :) It took us 3.5 years of TTC with PCOS and we now have a 6 month old. I spent a lot of time on TTTC and SAIF, which started just prior to my BFP.
  • Hi All - My name is Alisha and DH and I have been TTC technically since Oct. 2008, but this is my first cycle charting.  We were hoping that things would 'happen naturally' meaning with little effort on our part, but we're not sure if that will be the case.  We're keeping a positive attitude and trying to be more proactive with the charting now, so we're hopeful that the winds will change in the next few months. 

It seems lately that I don't have much time to check in here, but I love to see new posts on here.  Let's get this board rolling ladies!

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Hello!

I'm one day shy of being 6 weeks pregnant with my first child!  We have our frist OB appointment in April, so I will be a couple more weeks before we are "for sure for sure" convinced :)

We had been charting for about 6 or 7 months to prevent babies, then I stopped doing that because we stopped NOT wanting to be pregnant.  After about 6 more months of not caring if we did or did not concive, we started actually trying.  Sure enough, we did it on the first try!

I still have yet to feel any sort of symptoms beyond HUGE, sore breasts and extreme exaustion around 3:00 (right now Smile), but I know I'll be in for it soon!

baul0010, thanks for starting this post! I'm looking forward to connecting with some lovely MN folks who are in the same stage as me!  It's great to have this place as a sounding board for advice and what not!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I am sure that it wont matter, so we are actually going to stay with my Doctor until we deliver since it really does not matter:)

• I'm Heidi, mom of 2. My first son was born in July 2004, he will be 5 soon! His father and I broke up when he was about two.
    I delivered my second son a month ago, my first with my husband. Neither child was planned, but I don't mind in the least :)

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am 36 weeks into my pregnancy and can't wait to meet our first child.  My pregnancy has been pretty smooth which I am very thankful for.

• I have a almost 1 year old (next Wednesday) and I am currently pg with #2.  I'm 21 weeks and due July 31st.

• I received 2 positive tests this past weekend and have my first appointment tomorrow. Not sure how far along I might be, since my story is a little weird. I went of BC last October and I have not had a period since then, so it will be interesting to see what the Dr. says. I have been charting but without a true full cycle, I need some more confirmation prior to truely believing. DH and I would be very excited!!

• Hi to all you Minnesota Mommies!  I have a 13 month old DS.  I usually hang out on the Toddlers 12-24 month board - but ocassionaly check over here.  This board is pretty quiet - but then I don't miss too much.

My DH and I had fertility issues before (obviously) DS was born.  We both did a whole bunch of fertility testing.  DH was fine and I was diagnoses with non-specific infertility - which basically meant they didn't know why I wasn't ovulating.  I had an HSG test and when that came back fine my dr came me a prescription for Clomid.  I never needed to fill it because I found out 3 days later that I was pregnant.

I had a very easy pregnancy and a very easy labor.  But they say that if you have an easy pregnancy/labor you will have a difficult child.  Well, I believe that.  DS was very colickly.  And he's always been very physical and active.  He's so much fun - but has always been so much work.

DS was born at North Memorial as we were living in Plymouth at the time.  I took the baby classes there and they were great.  I LOVED my L&D nurse.  Then we moved to our new house in St. Paul when DS was 4 months old.

Let's see, here are my areas of mommy "expertise" (things that I have experience in):

(1) infertility

(2) colic (get the Happiest Baby on the Block book and white noise CD and a SwaddleMe swaddle from BRU)

(3) problems breastfeeding

(4)  being a working mom / daycare

(5) craniocap (wearing a helmet for flat spot)

(6) ear infections / tubes

P.S.  I had a DS and craved only fruit.  I had a severe aversion to meat - I had to plug my nose if I drove by a restaurant/steak house.  Goes to show those old wives tales aren't always true...

• Hello!!

I am almost 20 weeks pregnant. Big Smile

I have been with my husband for 9 1/2 years. I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship.

We started ttc 12/06. I suffered 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy. Our big u/s is on Wednesday! I'm super excited, but of course nervous.

• imageMrs.Webbles:

I received 2 positive tests this past weekend and have my first appointment tomorrow. Not sure how far along I might be, since my story is a little weird. I went of BC last October and I have not had a period since then, so it will be interesting to see what the Dr. says. I have been charting but without a true full cycle, I need some more confirmation prior to truely believing. DH and I would be very excited!!

CONGRATS! What did you find out at your first doctors appointment?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"