Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Help! Won't eat!

Eli is 14 months old and since the start of this year has been so picky with his food! He has had a stomach virus, a long lasting cold followed up with ear infections. He now just has a runny nose and now practically will not eat anything! We used to be able to give him mac and cheese with veggies and meat, cheese and turkey sandwiches, eggs, any kind of chewable (his style chewable) fruit, bread of all sorts, and at the very least, yogurt! Now, I can barely get him to finish a cup of yogurt and everything else seems to get thrown on the floor. I am pretty much at a loss. We have tried all the former stuff he used to eat, and it goes on the floor, sweet potato fries (he loved sweet potatoes as a baby food), chicken nuggets cut up. I have no idea what to do. I am running out of ideas of what to give this kid...Please help!l Plus his poop is starting to get really hard! Too much dairy!

Re: Help! Won't eat!

• Options
    I don't have too much advice having not experienced this personally, but I think this is pretty normal for that age.  My nephew went through the same thing.  I think it lasted about 1 1/2 years!  He'd go for a few days of not wanting to eat anything, then eat everything for a day or two.  He won't starve and will eat when he's hungry.  If you're really worried, call your pedi.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had some issues earlier in the week. I blame two things - the molars that are coming in and the fact that everything I've read says that their eating slows down at this age. It's because they aren't growing as rapidly and because they're asserting their independence. Last week he only wanted baby food, yogurt and fruit. I also find that if I wait until he's starting to show hunger signs it's worse - if we start the meal when he's not crabby at all, it goes much better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sierra went through that phase.  I really dont have much advice, all we did was offer extra healthy snacks throughout the day.  It didn't last too long and now she'll eat almost anything. 

Good luck and hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"