Nurseries and Baby Gear

Poll!

1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious? Just the normal B or P

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased? Only the wall letters will be DIY

3) What's your all-time favorite nursery theme? I LOVE the baby lamb..although I don't know if that was part of a theme or not.

Re: Poll!

• ) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious? 
    We painted the walls sky blue and painted white clouds near the ceiling.  We are expecting a baby girl.

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased? 
    We did the clouds ourselves.  Everything else is purchased.

3) What's your all-time favorite nursery theme?
    I don't really have a favorite theme.
  • 1) We were going to stay neutral but found very pretty pink and green bedding quite cheap.  This way I can redo the nursery for later kids.

2) Mix of both.  The bedding was bought but I'm making a cover for the futon to match as well as making some prints to hang, a lampshade etc.

3) I'm not into themes like animals, disney, Winnie the Pooh... I like more broad themes like modern (with polka dots/stripes) or classic (with flowers and toile).
    imageimage

{ Jack 4.8.09 & Rose 10.24.07 }

• Loading the player...
  • 1) I'm going more traditional... blue, green, and brown.
    2) I think I'm going to buy from more crafty people on ebay. LOL If I did it it wouldn't look nearly as good.
    3. I don't really have a favorite theme. I really like Dwell baby stuff but DH is into the cartoons (I'm not). PBK was our compromise.
  • 1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious?
    we are doing pink and green for our girl.
    There is not really anything in the nursery that could be DIYed...we are giving a wicker end-table a new coat of spray paint (well, DH will!), but other than that, we're just buying new furniture and hanging some art/decor on the walls.
    I don't like themes. I just like classic, tasteful nurseries. Something that can easily grow with the child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious?

If you call neutrals rebellious! We're just doing earthy colors.

The vast majority will be purchased.

Not a theme girl, really.
  • 1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious?  I think we'll use gender neutral furnitures since we plan on having other kids, but we'll use white, blue, or green colors for the sheets and accessories depending on the gender.

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased? I will probably purchase most of the nursery, but I don't rule out DIY projects.

I really don't have any theme in mind.
  • 1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious? I'm doing a gender neutral room with blues, green and white.

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased? The mural with be DIY, but some decorations will be purchased. I'd also like to attempt to make a mobile and a canopy.

3) What's your all-time favorite nursery theme? I really don't like themed nurseries other than colors.
    We did do pink for a girl...along with greens and yellows. But no pastels here.I don't like pastels.

My bedding was custom-made, and DH did the harlequin diamonds on the wall. So a little DIY.

Mine, of course. LOL
    Nah, really....I just like things that are unique and different. I'm not one for store bought bedding...I like one of a kind things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) I will be rebellious

2) Half and Half

3) I'm going to do a "toy theme" or a "Teddy Bear" Theme. We want to be suprised with the gender of our baby, so we're going to go with nature toned colors for the paint, and add a variety of colors with toys and pictures etc...

• 1. Not finding out gender so we are using dark teal and an icy blue/green.

2. Inherited all of the furniture, bedding will be purchased, decor will be DIY

3. Classic Pooh

• 1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious? We are def. going traditional :)

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased?  If it's a girl, we're not doing a real "theme" other than light pink and light brown with chocolate brown accents.. If it's a boy, it'll be a good mixture of both, we're doing an airplane theme.

3) What's your all-time favorite nursery theme? I'm not sure what her SN is, but there was a nestie who had giraffe prints on one of the nursery walls in light blue and I always loved that... And then there was another that was kind of Americana with vintage license plates and things that was gorgeous!
  • 1. red will be the main color for either one (find out in 8 days!)...red with pinks for girl, red with blues for boy. i had a red nursery when i was a baby, and we still have lots of it, so little accents from my childhood will be all over.  :)

2. fabrics will all be almost completely DIY (except sheets, mattress cover, etc).  baby quilt, dust ruffle, curtains, pillows for rocker will all be made by my mom and me. i love crafting and sewing!!

3. my favorite theme is vintage, which is what we're doing. it'll probably end up looking a little like a nursery from the 40s or 50s...kinda cottage-y, too. other than that, no real theme at all.

• 1. If its a girl I'm not doing pink and if its a boy I'm not doing blue.. for a girl im thinking more of fuscia's and reds.. and a boy.. probably red and yellow...

2. we'll do some DIY... def wall letters.. and possibly a scripture on the wall

3. I hate themes... I want very modern...stripes or polka dots... is as thematic as I'm willing to go!

• first off, your baby is ADORABLE!!

1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious? we dont know the gender, so we're doing white with red, yellow, ect. accents. Bedding is white with polka dots + stripes

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased? Bedding purchased everything eles I'll probley do myself (making curtains, wall art and some wall letters)

3) What's your all-time favorite nursery theme? princess / prince themes are pretty cute. No all-time fav. though.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs.stephenp.:
    1) Are you planning on blue for boy/pink for girl, or are you a little more rebellious? Just the normal B or P

2) Do you plan to go DIY, or will all of your nursery decor be purchased? Only the wall letters will be DIY

3) What's your all-time favorite nursery theme? I LOVE the baby lamb..although I don't know if that was part of a theme or not.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • imagebeejcute:
    imagebeejcute:
    hi
  • imagebeejcute:
    imagebeejcute:
    hi
  • imagebeejcute:
    imagebeejcute:
    hi
  • imagebeejcute: