Los Angeles Babies
Options

OB or midwife recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for a good OB/GYN or midwife in the Pasadena/Arcadia area???  I am looking to switch doctors, but I don't even know where to start. 

Also, did anyone interview doctors?  I am so new at this...

Re: OB or midwife recommendations?

• Options
    Dr George Matsuda in Pasadena is awesome!!  Several doctor friends that I have either go to him or their wives do.  You would deliver at Huntington Hospital, which is super nice.  If you are looking for a woman-there are 2 in his practice (I think their names ar Dr Sirrott and Dr Myers).  Great practice, sweet staff.
  • Options

I go to Dr. Beth Julian-Wang in Pasadena...I will be delivering at Huntington as well. I'm due Dec. 17th...

The office is located just down the street from the hospital - the number is

626.795.5484  if you're interested in checking it out. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm seeing Dr. Liao who's in Arcadia and so far she's been fabulous and really caring.

Martha Liao 

delivery at Arcadia Methodist Hospital

51 N. 5th Ave, Suite 303

Arcadia, CA 91006
     626-447-4400
  • Options

AHH!! I love love LOVE this midwife, she is THE BEST! (Ok so I might be biased!)  I couldn't use her this time because she moved to Pasadena. 

Diane West

www.westhomebirth.com  

Sue Wolcott is also amazing

https://www.homebirthwaterbirth.com/

Good luck!

• Options
    For me I had an midwife at kaiser for a few months because that's what kaiser at that time was offered to me. the midwifes are good but if your trying to get state disability(papers). its better to get an obgyn which i did later on so i can get my state disability and be off work for me. again  in my view they can't sign off your papers if you go with an midwife. why do you want to change doctors? who's your insurance provider?
    (
  • Options
    i have 2 friends who are with dr. julian-wang (mentioned above) and LOVE her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"