Alabama Babies
Options

Shower Idea for hubby...

Ok...Yesterday I was getting my hair done by the lady that has been doing my hair since I was in the 4th grade. So, we know each other pretty well. She was telling me an idea I should do for my hubby. She said I should have some of our couple friends over to the house one night and turn it into like a daddy shower and have the guys bring gifts. Since we are having a boy. She said it could be for like things that daddy and son would be playing with. Like- football, baseball stuff, outside toys, maybe overalls or boots....stuff like that. She also said you could have the guys play some of the baby shower games for fun. I did think it was a cute idea and something easy I could pull together to make him feel special. Have any of you ever heard of something like this? I would have no clue how to word the invitations.  Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Shower Idea for hubby...

• Options

in my experience - guys just don't do that.  It might be a better idea to have a couples shower/bbq thing. 

And you don't want to inundate yourself with too much stuff that the baby can't play with right now - you'll have so much stuff as it is.  

ETA - then the guys that DO really want to get him something can do so... but I think about our friends and I can't picture them ever taking the time/energy to doing that for Robert. 

• Options
    While the idea is cute in theory, I do not believe anyone should throw their own shower. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelilcrablegs:
    While the idea is cute in theory, I do not believe anyone should throw their own shower. 

oh I agree with this too :) 

• Options
    Maybe you could somehow get one of your couple friends to throw it for you guys? And definitely make it co-ed? I does sound like a very cute idea, if someone threw it for you.
  • Options
    I agree that a couples shower thrown by a friend may be better.  I love couples showers! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"