Missouri Babies
Options

OB/GYN recs (XP)

I am looking for recommendations on OB/GYNs in the KC area.  I was using my doctor from Columbia, MO...but that is quite the drive and I am ready to find someone here.

I would prefer someone on the Missouri side, but that's definitely not a requirement.  I have been referred to the Woman's Clinic in OP by a couple of people.  I have also been referred to Dr. Vandenboom (with a Carondelet group). 

I am just trying to get as many recommendations as possible and do as much research as possible before I make my decision.  I am not pregnant and do not plan to TTC for about 3-5 years..if that makes any difference in who you might suggest.

TIA!

Re: OB/GYN recs (XP)

• Options
    I think I am the person who recommended Vandenboom and just wanted to clarify that they also have an office in Lees Summit (I think you mentioned you worked at or near St Joe, in case you don't want to be seen at the same location you work) and I originally went to their office because I was referred to Dr Galvin (she has been there for a while)... I think they have 8 practitioners total... good luck
  • Options

imageShinerGirl:
    I think I am the person who recommended Vandenboom and just wanted to clarify that they also have an office in Lees Summit (I think you mentioned you worked at or near St Joe, in case you don't want to be seen at the same location you work) and I originally went to their office because I was referred to Dr Galvin (she has been there for a while)... I think they have 8 practitioners total... good luck

I was thinking I might want to try a female this time.  My last doctor was a male.  There was nothing with him, but most likely this next doctor I choose will be the one that will be taking care of me during a pregnancy so I think I might want her to be a female.  

Would you recommend dr. Galvin?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm another one who goes to the KC Women's Clinic in OP. My OB/GYN is Dr. Nguyen. She is great!

Good luck - I know that finding a new OB/GYN you like is such a pain!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I saw Dr. Cobbinah at Associated Womens Care in Lees Summit. I love her! No matter how busy the waiting room was she always made us feel like we were her only patients that day. She always took her time and answered every question we had no matter how silly they were. I also did not want a male OB/GYN, I had an exam with one before and it just was not a great experience and just feel much more comfortable with a woman. There are several doctors with this practice and they also have offices in Blue Springs and Raytown. Good luck with your search.
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I recommend Dr. Morris out of the Liberty Health Clinic.  She's FANTASTIC and delivers out of Liberty hospital.  I'm having my 38 week check up with her today.  She's also a family practitioner so she can not only deliver but continue the care once baby is born.  You also won't be handed over to all the other OBGYNs in the group and have to "hope" she'll be the one to deliver you.  You always see her.  :)

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes.. Dr Galvin was who was initially recommended from a friend and both her and her daughter have been seeing her for over 10 years... Rockhill appears to have 4 women and 4 men in their practice... so I think you could definitely get a female doctor if you preferred that... for me, I let the nurse that you initially meet with pair me up with someone based on personality and likes and dislikes... I am 7.5 mos along and in all my visits I have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes to get in.. anytime I have made a call to the nurses they have gotten back to me in 30 minutes or less and even the billing ladies are great to work with (since I appear to be insurance illiterate with my pregnancy)... they even helped us out in bumping up our ultrasound so that my stepdaughter could be there with us - including scheduling it for New Years Eve... good luck and PM me if you need more info!
  • Options
    I know this is a couple of days late, but I go to Dr.  Julie Moore.  She's part of the St. Luke's group on Broadway (I think that's what it's called).  She is absolutely fabulous!!! 
  • Options

imageschmapril:
    I know this is a couple of days late, but I go to Dr.? Julie Moore.? She's part of the St. Luke's group on Broadway (I think that's what it's called).? She is absolutely fabulous!!!?

This is who my older sister goes to and from what I've heard she really likes her!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"