Canada Babies
Options

NBR: Houseboats

My family is thinking about renting a houseboat on Shuswap next summer (yes, we are obsessive planners...lol...also they recommend that you reserve a year in advance).  Has anyone done this?  Is it worth the money or would it be just as fun to go camping?

Re: NBR: Houseboats

• Options
    We've always thought about houseboating, and you def need to reserve at least a year ahead on the shuswap... We go camping all the time, so I'd love to try a houseboat for something new... I say houseboat!!
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

I am trying to convince my brother to do this for his wedding in Sept 2010.  We could rent a couple so his friends could be on one, family on the other...dock somewhere for the ceremony.  arrange for a catering company to do a beach bbq...

Koocanusa has houseboating too and I don't think it is as well known as Shushwap.  It's a beautiful lake.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That sounds like a fantastic idea for a wedding.  So much fun!

Maybe I will look at Koocanusa too...thanks.

• Options

I did this in university with a big bunch of girlfriends (we rented 2 houseboats for all of us)  It was an absolute blast - a drunken 4 day/night party with lots of suntanning & swimming inbetween :) 

I highly recommend it as it was loads of fun - definitely a nice change from camping

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"