Hospital Bag — The Bump
Texas Babies

Hospital Bag

I know this has been asked before (but not in a while)...but those that just had babies...what did you take to the hospital.  The lists that I keep seeing seem like SO much stuff.  I want to pack minimally, but don't want to forget anything that might be needed

Thanks!

Re: Hospital Bag

• Well, this is what I've got packed:

diaper bag w/: a couple baby outfits, recieving blanket, pacifier, diapers, wipes, burp cloth

duffle bag w/:comfy clothes like yoga pants, a couple tops to easily nurse in, outfit to go home in, shower shoes, fuzzy house slippers, nursing bra, nursing pillow, camera

toiletries bag w/ sample-sized toiletries, make-up bag, ect...

a pillow from home

Yes, I have three bags, but I didn't want to stuff everything into one huge bag.  I'd rather have more than less.  ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Long warm socks... I kid you not. I actually allowed my mother into the room during delivery (which I said no to previously) as long as she hurried and brought long socks. The epi makes your feet freezing!

Yoga pants

Nursing tops

flip flops

cell phone charger/cell

camera charger/camera

book... after you have the baby they take him/her away to do tests and you have an incredible amount of time to do nothing with limited cable channels. I recommend Twilight.

One NB sized baby outfit in a cotton/comfy variety.

Extra pillows for you and DH.

Toothbrush/tooth paste

Mouthwash

MINTS! Labor is hard and heavy breathing leads to dry stickymouth AND you can't have water.

toiletries. I loved having my own. Made me feel more "me" plus it made me smell like I normally do for Little Man.

DVDs. I brought Friends season 7. Something to have on in the hours you are in labor but not pushing. That time drags.

Car seat

Extra clothes for DH

Brush, hair ties...

Baby mittens 

Unneeded items I packed and never used...

Pads

Underwear

lots of clothing items

robe

baby clothes/diapers/wipes/diaper cream

• Loading the player...
  • mmmm, I didn't know the epi makes your feet cold! 

going to go pack some socks pronto!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards