Babies: 9 - 12 Months

So, my friend has a REALLY ugly baby.

I suppose this is my flameful confession for the day... 

I'm one of those people who tries to find something cute about every baby, but this kid is just ugly, ugly, ugly.

We've not seen him in person since he was born (he's 13 days older than DS and they live out of state), but we have seen pictures.

Every time my friend sends the pictures, I gasp a little at how awkward he is.

We're seeing them tomorrow. It's going to take everything I have in me not to call him "Sasquatch" like DH has been doing....

I like privacy. A lot.

Re: So, my friend has a REALLY ugly baby.

• Maybe he just takes bad pictures? Hopefully, for his sake, that is the case.
  • imageNerdBride_D&D:
    Maybe he just takes bad pictures? Hopefully, for his sake, that is the case.

I *really* hope that's the case.

I like privacy. A lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend too!!!!!!!  Every time she sends pics (which is far too often, if you ask me) DH says, "so she still didn't pluck that kid's unibrow yet? yeesh".

Not that I'm advocating baby eyebrow plucking, but I might seriously consider it if THAT caterpillar were living on my LOs face. It's just bad bad bad.  I REALLY hope she grows in to it.  Whole 'ugly duckling into a swan' thing...

• ROFL. If you would have said DD, I would wonder if it was the same baby that I get pics sent pics of!

I'm sure this girl will grow out of it, she is the mirror image of her mother/aunt/grandmother and they are relatively attractive people.

• Ugh I know what you mean. I have a friend who's oldest DS was the ugliest baby ever! It was so weird to look at. He honestly looked like a chimp and a human had a bbay together. But thankfully he outgrew it and he is the cutest thing now.
  • That made me LOL & reminded me of the Seinfeld ugly baby episode.  Someone I know was telling me about two family members who had babies like one day apart.  One was super cute, the other was not at all.  He said he just felt SO bad!!
  • Not every baby is cute.  Hell, MY kid was really weird-looking for about a month before she turned into the adorable little cherub she is now :) 

Just think of that episode of Seinfeld, with the ugly baby...."He's breathtaking!"

• Yeah...I had a friend with a really ugly baby - luckily he's grown out of it.  Whenever I see posts like this, I think of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpWB_ZiFy-Q

PS.  This singer is hilarious, but NOT PC by any means.  If you would offended by a SIDS joke (and I was, a bit) don't watch it!  It's the chorus that sticks in my head every time I see a not-so-cute baby picture:-) 

• My nephew was awful looking for the first few months...he had a HUGE nose...but luckily he grew into it and he's pretty darn cute now.

Suck it up and say he's cute..that's all you can do!

• If it weren't totally mean, I'd post one of the pictures of this kid.

But I'm sure I'd get flamed to hell and back. LOL!

I like privacy. A lot.
  • You should do it, if you do, I will and then we can DD.

Or we can do it via PM.

• KGskyKGsky member
    I so want to see this pic.  Only b/c my DD had "issues" right around months 1 and 2.  I look back at the pics (infant acne ain't cool!) and think people were just being "nice" back in the day...
  • I was a very ugly baby.  Hideous.  It's why I got the nickname Lizard.  No joke.  :) 
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • LMAO!  Now that I think about it... when I look at pics of DD when she was only a few weeks old, people MUST have been just saying it to be nice. :(  But I know every mom thinks their DC is gorgeous no martter what. 

At least now I can confidently say DD really is a beautiful baby! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"