Eco-Friendly Family
Options

I'm nervous about stocking up before baby arrives...

I have a handful of things, but I'm nervous about buying a lot more. What if a specific brand/style doesn't work for us? What did other moms do who CD from day 1?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I'm nervous about stocking up before baby arrives...

• Options
    I just bought enough to get us through one day plus I did the Jillian's trial.  I felt I could do laundry every day until I figured out what worked for us.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, but I just decided to get pfs and 4 Thirsties covers since everyone seems to love those covers!  I've made a few fitteds and am hoping they work.  After he's out of nb phase, we'll see what happens, I'm only stocking for that right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tried a few different things at the NB phase and didn't find any that were awful,  You are changing these diapers so often, nothing can really be a terrible fit for your LO.  I did periwinkle edged PFs from GMD, a bunch of green-edges that I got handed down from a friend, GMD newborn fitteds, KL0s, Thirsties fitteds NB size, Cricketts fitteds (too big the first weeks) and covers by Thirsties, Bummis, Prowraps and Swaddlebees.

I found the AIOs and pockets to be just way too big, even after her umbilical stump fell off.  The Swaddlebees fleece cover was the only thing I regretted - she outgrew it after 2 weeks (everything else worked for at least 5 weeks and some still fits at 2 months).
    I created a stash of a few Smalls, Mediums and AIOs too.  The only thing I haven't liked are a couple WAHM fitteds but I got them used and cheap and even they still get the job done okay.  I didn't purchase more than 2 of any style and tried to get them used so if they didn't work, I would not feel a major loss (I could also sell them for some money back).  For example, I thought I would like the BG and don't too much, but it's okay because I only have a couple of them and I purchased them gently used from Jillian's Drawers.

• Options
    I did the KL0 trial at Sunshinediapers.com - I loved the diapers, but if I had time and could do it again, I'd try and purchase them used off of diaperswappers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"