Babies: 0 - 3 Months

c-section; do they take off your make up?

Sneaking over from 3rd tri; I'm getting a c-section tonight, and if they take it all off, then I'm soo not putting it on today. 

Thanks in advance.  I know that's a silly question...

Re: c-section; do they take off your make up?

• They said I couldn't wear any, but I did put a little undereye concealer on, I looked like death. But they didn't even ask me if I was wearing any make up.
  • They didn't tell me to wash my face or anything.  But if you have nailpolish on they till need to take it off at least a finger or two to check your nail beds during surgery.

Good luck and pre-congrats on meeting your baby tonight!

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't wear any, but they never even mentioned it.
  • I had a scheduled section and they told me ahead of time I couldn't wear any makeup. 
  • I was induced and ended up with a section but they never asked me so I am sure they would have left it on.
    I would however say that when I went for a planned surgery when I was younger they specifically stated that I shouldn't wear any nail polish. They sometimes use your nail beds to check oxygen levels (aka the color under your nails). So I would remove any nail polish you have on before you go.
  • They never said anything to me about it.  I put a little bit on the morning of my c/s, more out of habit than anything else.  My c/s was scheduled and I still think I looked like hell in the pictures.  I also wore my contact lenses.  My SIL told me I should wear my glasses, but no one ever said anything to me about it.  I told DH that if something happened and they had to knock me out to let them know I had my contacts in.

• I didnt have any make-up on yet, but when I found out I was about t have a c-section, while they were prepping me I asked if I could put on some mascara really quick so I didn't look like total crap for the pictures.  The doctor said yes & they let me.  So obviously at our hospital they didn't care about makeup.  I really don't see why they would!

Congrats, & good luck!!

• i had makup on... but i was also in labor for a long long time before they decided to do a csec.

i still looked like death warmed over.... all of the fluids they pump into you make you really puffy and swollen.

• Congrats on meeting your little one tonight! And, love your blog! See you over here soon!
  • Mine was scheduled and I wore make up and contacts. They never said that was a problem or an issue. Good luck tonight!!
  • I had a scheduled c-section and wore makeup (powder foundation, mascara, eye liner & chapstick) and they didn't make me take it off.  They never mentioned it being a problem at my hospital.  You could probably call your hospital and find out what they say...
  • Thanks so much! 

Hey, so nail polish, do you think that includes toes?  Guess I'll go take it off since it probably looks like crap by now anyway.

• imagekristinhart511:

i had makup on... but i was also in labor for a long long time before they decided to do a csec.

i still looked like death warmed over.... all of the fluids they pump into you make you really puffy and swollen.

Ahh that explains why I look like a balloon in my pictures

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • They never said I couldn't wear it.  I did, but made it look very natural.  They didn't ask me to wash my face or anything.  I couldn't wear contacts though.

Good luck!!! So exciting!!

My Little
  • I had makeup on and they didn't ask me to wash my face or anything.  Good luck tonight!
  • You're going to finally meet your little one tonight--how exciting!  I had make up on for both of my c-sections.  Although I have to agree with PP, I still looked like death warmed over in pictures!  Maybe it varies by hospital?  Good luck!

• I had a pedicure the day before my scheduled c/s, and had a nice shade of pink nail polish put on my toes.  Nothing was ever said.

congrats & good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"