St. Louis Babies

Let's get it started........

I am new to the bump and found this STL board and decided to check it out.  For some reason it looks pretty scarce, so I thought maybe if we all posted and told a little of our story (marriage, kids, ttc, expecting) that we could get this board jumpin.  I'll start.....

I am born and raised in St. Louis but now reside in Columbia.  DH and I have been married since May 02 and have spent about 2 and a half years in Wichita KS, Columbia Maryland, and now Columbia MO.  We moved here to be closer to our families in St. Louis.  I have 2 daughters....Jazmyn is 16 and Camryn is 3.  I know a big age gap!  I was young and single when I had Jaz and didn't want another baby until I was settled down.  We are now ttc baby #3.  After a year of trying with no luck my new ob discovered that I had scar tissue blocking my cervix.  It came from my c-section with Camryn 3 years ago.  I had surgery on December 8th to repair and am now all fixed up!  We are looking forward to trying to get knocked up again.

I am a SAHM and I run my own interior design company from home.  It is great to be able to be here with my family and run my business from my home office.  I am looking forward to hearing from other local ladies!

Your turn.....................

Re: Let's get it started........

• Great idea, I knew there had to be someone out there!  I grew up in Bridgeton, MO and now live in St. Paul, MO.  DH and I have been married since Oct 06 and are expecting our first child May 25th.  We just had our big U/S today and found out that we are having a girl.  I work in St. Louis for a distribution company.  Looking forward to hearing for everyone else!
  • Ok, so I am no longer in STL, but I am at the Lake of the Ozarks. I am from this area originally. My husband and I got married Jan. 6th, 2008 and moved the next week to O'Fallon. I worked in Ballwin until my DH got transfered to Louisville, KY. We recently moved back to the Lake and decided to try for a family. We are expecting our first child in July!

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats to both of you on the babies on the way!  I hope to be joining you soon.  I know where the lake is, I ride down with DH when he calls on the hospitals there so I can shop while he works.  Where is St. Paul MO?  It must be pretty close to STL if you work there.
  • St. Paul is North of O'Fallon.  I work near Wesport Plaza and drive 30 miles each way if that give you an idea. 
  • Hi all, glad to see some action over here.  I got married in Sept. 06 and we are expecting our 1st on March 10th.  We are both from here originally and met in Kirksville, MO while attending college.  We moved to Kansas City for awhile, but moved back here before our wedding in 06.  We live in St. Peters currently.  Good luck ttc and healthy babies to all of you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got married in October 2008 , and got pg on our honeymoon. Unfortunately, it was ectopic and I had surgery on Dec 9th. My tube & everything was left intact and we're going to be trying again soon!

We live in Overland & I work in Maryland Heights. I have a 6 yr old stepdaughter, and we have 4 fuzzy babies--1 black lab & 3 cats.

• Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about loss I will keep you in my prayers!!

Well, I'm Tennille, I live in my home town Jefferson City, Mo. My DH and I tied the knot Sept. 08. I might think that I want a baby but as each day passes I don't think we are quite ready for that step. But I will be a cheerleader for each one of you...Goooooood Luuccck!!!!!Wink

• My name is Ashley, i'm 23, found out i was pregnant in August. Me and the daddy aren't together. he actually planned this baby with me, then played me and got married to some other girl! yes, messed up i know, but i feel like this baby is a blessing, even if it's in disguise. I live in North Saint Louis City, in my own apartment. i just graduated from University of Missouri-St. Louis in December, and going back to get my certification to teach. Right now im just enjoying being pregnant and feeling my son kick, while coping with going thru this pregnancy alone. I currently have 2 jobs, one with BOA and the other with the Govt, but trying to find one full time to support me and my son...

• Hey Ashley! Getting your teaching certificate is the best thing ever! I teach and the perks of teaching and having a family are the best. You get snow days when your child has snow days... you get breaks when your child has breaks. (Not to mention summer break!!)  Rarely will you have to work when your child is out of school! Good luck to you! And if you need any Standards papers for your portfolio let me know... I have all of that stuff and would be more than happy to help out! Or if you have anything other questions about getting your teaching stuff done let me know! Big Smile
  • Hi! I live in St. Louis South City, trying to sell my house so we can move to the county. We have a 3 year old daughter and a 5 month old son. Lived in St. Louis my whole life, work full-time. Its crazy but I love it. Glad to see some other mommies here!
  • I know  I am late but I will join in.

I live in St. Peters and also work for a distributor but not in Westport.  I actually work off 170 and St. Charles Rock road.

I have lived here is St. Louis since I was 11 and used to live in Jeff Co before moving to St. Chas county while in college. 

I have been married since 2004 and I am at home with my second child for a little bit before returning to work.  Our first child passed away april 2007 after being born with several serious birth defects.  I truly miss her but I am so grateful for  the healthy baby we have now. 

• Hi everyone! I grew up in St. Louis and we currently live in South County. DH was an army brat and lived everywhere but moved to St. Louis in his teens. We were married in 2006 and our son was born February 2008. He just turned one! I work very part-time in retail and DH is a manager in retail.
  • Hi!  I'm new too!  I am originally from KY and moved here in 04.  We live in the North County/Florissant area and have lived here since we got married in 05.  We have a 7 month old baby girl who is such a booger and we also have one dog.  I used to teach preschool but am currently a SAHM and loving it.  Hubs is in ministry and also teaches PT.  Thanks for the getting to know you post.
  • Sorry I'm getting in on this so late, for some reason I didn't realize there was a local board. I am Christie and I work as a RN. DH and I have been married since Oct. 20, 07 after meeting at college. We live in Ellisville and are expecting our first little girl May 23, 09. Wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"