Minnesota Babies
Options

Child Care

I'm just beginning to look into it.  I know it's early, but I work at the Univ. MN Medical Center and they have a GREAT daycare here for employees only.  Everyone I've talked to recommends it.  Apparently, I will need to be put on a waiting list, so it may be a good thing I'm starting now!  The pricing is this: Infant Age Range: 6 weeks to 16 months, Daily $65 Weekly $259.  What do you think about those prices?  Because this is our first, I have NO idea about costs for daycare.  Thanks for the input!

Re: Child Care

• Options
    We are at a church center in Golden Valley and pay $300/wk for full time.  From what I could gather from cheking it out myself was that for a center this is a pretty resonable price.  Of course some are more expensive, and in home is way cheaper. 
  • Options
    We also go to a church center. Our infant rate is $250.00 per week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most centers in my area (new hope/crystal/plymouth) are 300 a week, most inhomes are about 180 a week for a new baby.
  • Options

I am in your same area (new hope/crystal/plymouth) and really hoping to find some references to a couple of in-home places - we've visited a few centers but we would like to be able to compare. The price difference is just staggering.

Do you have any in-homes you could refer me to?

• Options

I have a couple of friends that use the U of M employee daycare.  They love it.  Pricing is in the average range for a daycare center.  It goes down as the child gets older because the provider/child ratio gets bigger.  MN requires a 1:4 for infants.  My son goes to a daycare center and is in the toddler room.  We pay $235 for four days a week and that is with a corporate discount.

You could always get on the waiting list.  If you change your mind later then your just out the deposit.

• Options
    We're paying over $300 per week for infant day care in a church school.  $259 seems like a steal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"