Baby Showers
Options

What are your best shower ideas?

Games, Themes, Ideas, etc??

Re: What are your best shower ideas?

• Options

We had a sort of country/garden themed luncheon for one of my friends who was craving comfort food. ?We had simple foods (the mother-to-be almost cried over the skillet cornbread!) which we served on tables with red checkered tablecloths and wildflowers in Mason jars.

We used these really cute "Grow-A-Heads" from characters.com as placecard holders and favors for everyone. ?We got the ones that look like bugs, but now they're also offering ones with little signs that would be great for putting names on.

We used plaid tea towels as napkins. ?Got them in bulk from Sam's Club (have to admit, we didn't give them as favors -- I'm slowly using them up myself!)?

My favorite part was the blossom tea in the clear pitcher -- it's pretty good tea, but the main thing is it looks gorgeous! ?We got that at victoriantradingco.com.

(Can you tell I love to shop online?)

Hope this helps.?

• Options

One other idea:

Since my friend was having a girl, and was going very pink in the nursery, we had a Candyland shower tea for her. ?We had a gingerbread house as a centerpiece, lots of wrapped hard candies sprinkled on the table, and the most precious napkins ever. ?They look like pieces of cake or pie but they're really these very soft washcloths from

https://www.lindaanderson.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=towel&Search.x=18&Search.y=19

We served traditional tea, with all the yummy cakes and scones that go with it. ?Everyone loved it!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Some of my favorite shower ideas are from Amy from Stem* Fabulous parties start here. Here shower ideas have included, Pretty in Pink, Cat in the Hat and Cute as a Button!

• Options

For the shower I hosted recently we did "Teen time capsules" (twins)

I bought 2 glass bottles from the Container store, cut strips of scrapbooking paper, laid out acid free pens, and encouraged guests to write words of wisdom for the babies to open and read on their 16th birthdays.

I had a couple of larget pieces of paper for the mom and dad to write letters to each baby/teen and I'm still waiting for those.

I'm also putting together trivia about the year they're born (this year) to add to the capsule.

Once it's all compiled I'll seal them closed with wax.

Once they have names I'll make labels with their names, birth info, and an explaination of what's inside.

The mom LOVED this and a couple of guests told me they'd be "stealing" the idea for any future showers they host.

Another thing that went over well with the mom to be was passing around a sign up sheet for people who wanted to bring over meals for the new parents once they bring the twins home from the hospital.  I passed it around during gift opening.  The Mom really appreciated it and the future grandmothers wouldn't stop thanking me for the idea.  I'll be coordinating the e-mail tree and scheduling of meals once the babies are here.

And last - I put together a video photo montage of the couple from dating, thru their wedding, and including photos of the Mom pregnant and the babies's nursery.  It was kinda cool because I used the song "One boy, One girl" so the lyrics went from dating thru the wedding and on  to finding out they were having twins - one boy and one girl.

There wasn't a dry eye in the room and the Mom said this was the best gift she got at her shower.

GL with your hosting!

Shell

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    I am getting maternity photos done this weekend. For my April shower, I will give everyone a pic as a favor - only $1 each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"