2nd Trimester

itchy skin causing hickey like marks??

so the underside of my breasts itched, i scratched, then checked it out to see if i had a bite/hive/whatever-  i have a rash/bruise that looks like a hickey.  It is not an actualy rash but my skin is mottled and really a hickey is the best comparison i have.

is this weird? do you think this means stretch marks are on the way down there? or just an increased blood flow thing?

thanks!

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: itchy skin causing hickey like marks??

• It's probably just from your scratching too hard....I did that to my legs a while back when I wasn't pregnant! 
  • how big is it - and it's round?  Is it red all throughout or just kind of around the edge?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • Loading the player...
  • may be the starts of ringworn, due to the x-cess moisture under there.
  • imageshawnakress:
    may be the starts of ringworn, due to the x-cess moisture under there.

that was going to be my guess, which is why I asked the questions I did.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • I got the same thing under my breasts during my first trimester. Its from scratching too much! They went away after i stopped and I have no stretch marks yet so dont worry about that! GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imagevicki21:

how big is it - and it's round?  Is it red all throughout or just kind of around the edge?

no  -  it is def like a bruise, not a fungal infection or rash or anything.   It isn't round, but the shape/size of the area i scratched is bruised (not consistent color either but reddish spots just like a hickey.  This morning it is already faded a bit

thanks ladies

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• About two weeks ago, I thought I had this too; it was itchy and I thought it looked like little blood vessels had burst or something, kind of like a hickey. Now, once they've grown a bit, I realize it's stretch marks! I suppose the itching was from the stretching and fast growth, and the "hickey" is now just a stretch mark :( -- my first ones of the pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"