TTC after 35
Options

If the first day of your period....

If the first day of your period was 2/23, when is the first possible day could one get pregnant?

(I know I must sound so stupid asking this. Ugh)

Re: If the first day of your period....

• Options
    it depends on when you O.....are you charting your temps?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It will depend on when you ovulate.  Are you charting?  Do you know when you usually ovulate?  If not, then you would work backwards about 14 days from the usual length of your cycle.  So, if your cycles are usually 28 days, then you would ovulate somewhere around day 14 and would want to make sure to have sex 0-3 days before ovulation (assuming you want to get pregnant). If you have no idea when you ovulate (or even if you do), I would recommend using OPK's.  The directions in the box will explain when to start using them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi,

Charting will help with this question. I just started to do so myself, and immediately saw exactly why people recommend/do it. I have learned a ton even just from the tutorials. fertilityfriend.com.

GL to you!

• Options
    I highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It helped me understand my body so much better. I wish I would've read it a long time ago! Taking your temp and using OPKs will really help you know when you ovulate. Not everyone ovulates on day 14. Go to www.fertilityfriend.com for more info. You will find it very helpful.
  • Options
    If you don't want to chart, you can also use a fertility monitor starting from cycle day 6 (first day of period counts as cd 1). It tells you when you're at your highest and peak fertility.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options

I agree with all PP with an example. For 5 months of charting, I O'd around CD 20-21. This cycle it looks like I am going to O on CD 15. I could see from my temps that it was coming, so DH and I stepped up our game on CD12. It was perfect timing because the next day, I got high readings from my CBEFM and the next day peak readings and a positive OPK. If I hadn't been charting, I would have missed it and without the test confirmations, we would have been almost a week off. That should be inspiration for all those who don't chart to start!

Katalen, feel free to peak at my chart below by clicking on it. It's from FF and is an incredibly easy way to chart. GL!

• Options
    I must say i give credit to all the women who do charting.  I myself tried the sticks and they drove me crazy with not enough time to know when ov.  then my friend told me about the OV watch and it worked wonders for me.  It is well worth the cost and you dont have to watch temp or other things.  Just wear it and it tells you 4 days ahead before ov.  I got BFP two times with it.  Last time was luck..
  • Options
    I am not a fan of charting but it has been known to work. I like fertilityfriend.com. This site allows you to note everything from temp to cervical fluid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"