Working Moms
Options

What is the best way to go about firing/break up with DCP

I decided this week that DS was going to go to a different daycare, all the little things have started add up.  I just have a feeling that she has no clue that this is coming.  Do I confront her about all the issues I have been having or just let it go and move on.  Again none of the issues alone are big deal.  Also in our contract it states that we have to give 2 weeks notice before leaving.  I not really sure if she has any legal recourse to get this from us since she never got her license.  This being one the bigger reasons why we are leaving.

Re: What is the best way to go about firing/break up with DCP

• Options
    If the contract states that you must give two weeks notice, then I think you should give two weeks notice, or pay her for two weeks of care.  I wouldn't go into any details unless there is a reason to do so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You signed a contract with her -- you should give her the two weeks notice. It's the decent thing to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had planned on paying her the 2 weeks, but DH wants to fight me on it.  He is upset because he feels lied to.  She had told us when we signed the contract that she was going through the process of being licensed and it would be offical in Jan 2009.  This should of been a huge red flag to begin with, but I thought it was the perfect place for DS.
  • Options

I just withdrew my son from daycare - its hard and stressful, but I felt so good when it was done. We had a two week out clause too and since we had prepaid for it already and the situation wasn't terrible my son stayed - next week is his final week!

Anyway - I told the director that we were moving to a situation that worked better for our family. She asked a bit why and I went into some details but not everything. This kind of thing happens, so I'd just do it and get it over with and like the PP, take the higher road and pay for the two weeks.

• Options

It's up to you how much you want to tell her about why you're leaving.  I think I would feel compelled to give a reason and would probably say it wasn't working out as well as you'd hoped, and mention the licensing specifically, since that does seem to be a big deal.

Does the contract mention the licensing?  If it doesn't say that she's going to get her license, you're still obligated to pay the fees for the 2 weeks. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

no way will she take you to court if she isn't licensed. Do what makes you comfortable.

When we switched, I lied and said my DH lost his job and we couldn't afford to send DS anymore. Passive agressive, but I didn't want to piss her off and keep him there another 2 weeks.

• Options

You signed the contract, so you'll have to pay the two weeks' care. You contracted with her knowing she didn't have a license, so I don't think you have a leg to stand on there.

Just give her notice, and be done with it. I wouldn't get into the issues if they're not a big deal.

imageimage
  • Options

Does the contract say she would be licensed?

I am on the fence about this one. You need to give us more details. Usually, you should give 2 weeks notice. But if something is really wrong, then your child should have been pulled out already. If you think she will not treat your child well during those last 2 weeks, then pull the plug.

• Options

Honestly, my daughter used to go to an unlicensed home daycare. I pulled her out after she was injured due to the daycare woman's negligence. I didn't care about the 2 week notice. To me, she broke her contract when she failed to provide a safe enviroment for my kid.

All I did was call her and tell her we were done. She must have known I was really upset because she didn't even ask why. Nice.

• Options

Last Nov i was planning to pull out DD from her DC b/c when I returned to work we would have a nanny.  Several things were happening that I did not like, but nothing major so I planned to give notice, keep her there those final 2 weeks and pay those final 2 weeks.

I did give some feedback when I gave notice and a few days later, I found out the direct walked around "demanding" to know who had talked to me and how I knew certain things.  Based on that, I pulled DD out and never paided another penny.  They never asked for the $ - this is a licensed DC with multiple locations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"