Birth Stories
Options

I went natural...(long)

I  went with DH Sunday night to the bowling alley because he was meeting one of his friends for some pool... i figured might as well since i didn't know when i would go into labor ... well when i was there i started having a lot of BH contractions... we were there for like 3 hours then we went home ... i got home and decided to go to bed because i was so tired it was around 10:30 pm and Dh stayed up watching tv... till like 12:30 he decided to go to sleep and i woke up with him trying to get into bed..... so i got up at 12:30 (midnight)  and used the bathroom since i was up already... well after that i didn't go to bed because i started feeling contractions... they'd come and go and they' weren't really painful...so i was up searching the web ... and noticed my contractions coming closer together and stronger it was about 1:30 am already and so i decided to take a shower just in case this was it... i was getting a little excited... i took my time in the shower and getting dressed .so after i was done i went into the room and woke up hubby and told him that i thought this was it.he was so tired  so he asked me  to wait until he had a couple of more hours of sleep I laughed at him and said im sorry but you need to get up and help me time my contractions  so i would know for sure if it was time to head to the hospital and finish packing the hospital bags.... sure enough it was time to go=) .. so by the time we got to the hospital it was 2:30 am and they checked me in and took me to the triage room to see if i was really in labor ... so they checked me and i was already 4 cm dilated.... They asked me if i wanted to walk to the deliver room or needed a wheelchair  I said i could walk .. so i got up and started walking but was walking super slow because of my contractions i had to stop every 3 steps and was doing my breathing exercises which helped a lot... i had GBS so they had  to start penicillin right away so after that during my contractions i  thought i wasn't going to make it natural like i had planned...just because my contractions were so intense... they called the on call dr and she told them to check me again because she thought i would be delivering soon.. i  started feeling a strong urge to push and thats when my water broke... as the nurses and a dr were coming into the room i told them my water had broken.. and they were like "o wow well i guess you beat us to it" ... and so they checked me to see how many cm i was dilated and the dr said she couldn't feel the cervix but silly me didn't know what that meant so i asked them how many cm was i dilated they laughed and said "your'e 10" you're ready "I was like "Oh really " and i got all excited and happy and told them i was having the urge to push and they just told me "DO what you gotta do" i  was like" Oh so can i push" and they told me yeah whenever you feel like it push...I started pushing when my contraction came and then pushed again with my next contraction and then thats when Baby Alex came to this world at 4:26 am weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz and 21.25 in long on monday feb 23, 2009 .. i was so happy and excited that had him Natural like  i wanted and only being at the hospital 2 Hrs... now im home with my little Angel and enjoying every bit of him...

Re: I went natural...(long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"