Working Moms

Anyone in nursing school or go to nursing school after kids?

I have two children and work full time in a career that I hate. I plan to go back to school soon and want to attend nursing school after finishing my pre-recs. It is going to be quite difficult because I still have to work while going to school so that we can make ends meet. Anyone do this? Any advice? It seems soooo overwhelming.

Re: Anyone in nursing school or go to nursing school after kids?

• I'd like to see the responses on this, because I'm thinking of doing the same thing. There is a local community college that does an online program, of course there are in-person clinicals to complete as well, and you end up with an RN after 4 semesters.
  • I am currently a RN so I am not in nursing school for that but I am going back to get my masters so I can be a NP. Currently all of my classes are online which is the only way I would be able to do it along with working fulltime, have a family, and we are expanding our family this summer.

A lot of schools offer clinical in the evening which will help if you have to work along with going to school. Another option is try to get a job in a hospital that will then pay for your to get your RN degree. It is not an easy thing to do, (go to school and have a family) but it is not impossible. It just depends on how flexible your job is. Also go part time to school instead of full time will help decrease the stress. You will feel overswhelmed at times. Right now I am thinking we are out of our mind having another child while I am getting my masters but I know it will all work out. It is not forever and the end result will be better for you and your family. Good luck!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • So glad to see this post.  I just got accepted into an accelerated Master's program for nursing and trying to figure out how to find care for my son while I'm at school.  I have another offer for an acclerated Bachelor's program which is offered online but doesn't offer the same quality as the Master's.  It sounds like the online route may be the easiest for us and our childcare options.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"