Special Needs

undescended testicles

Not sure if this is the appropriate board. But found out my 10 month old has both testis undescended.  Anyone else experience this?

When did he have surgery? TIA

Re: undescended testicles

• No experience, just wanted to say my son's name is Noah Joseph too =)
  • i have a friend who's son's weren't decending. ?they waited until he was 1 and they decended the morning of his doc's visit. ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS had one that didn't descend and had surgery shortly after he turned one.  The surgery was super quick, recovery from anesthesia wasn't bad and there was only one stitch that dissolved. There is a little scar but it's disguised by the creases in the scrotum and when he develops (ugh! i dan't deal with that thought LOL!) it will be completely unnoticebale.
  • One of mine had an undescended testicle discovered at birth.  After waiting a while for it to drop, my pedi talked about seeing a Urologist at 9 months if it didn't happy before.  Well, at that appt, we could feel it in the groin descending and now at 14 months it's almost down.  Most boys with a testicle(s) that are undescended get the surgery around a year.  GL!

• My DS had one undecended testicle caused by a hernia. He had the surgery two weeks after he turned one. Recovery was very quick - he was back to himself the next day and had no ill effects (vomitting, etc) from the anesesia.

GL!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"