Detroit Babies

It's official

A little while ago I posted about the possibility of moving to the Ann Arbor area from Seattle.

Well, it is official. DH will move out the beginning of April and the kids and I will follow mid summer. I appreciate all the advice everyone gave me earlier about school districts, etc. It is helping a lot now that we are actually talking about what area to move to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's official

• I live in the Ann Arbor area.  You should be able to get a house for pretty cheap right now.  Property values are way down in Michigan.  It is actually really depressing.

As for schools, Ann Arbor schools and Saline schools are known to be good.  You can look up MEAP (our state assessment) scores for districts too. 

• Hello-

We just purchased our first place in Ann Arbor. It's def a buyers market right now and I believe all Ann Arbor schools are known to be good. People are saying King or Angel is the best among them all in terms of middle school.

Welcome to Ann Arbor! I grew up in Seattle and I know you prob won't like the Michigan weather too much but it's actually a nice and peaceful small town...and family friendly.

• Loading the player...
  • I lived in the Ann Arbor area for several years and I miss it a lot!  I'm only 20 mintues away, but it's really one of my favorite places in the world.  You will love it!
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"