Breastfeeding
Options

XP: Fenugreekers, a ? for you

I never heard of this stuff before coming to this board, and I want to give it a try. I had my mom buy me some, and the label (obviously) states that if pregnant or nursing, contact physician. Now I know most of you ladies aren't doctors, but is there a reason I should call her? I won't be able to get a hold of her until Tues, and I wanted to get started now. Did anyone NOT contact their doc before taking? Also, about how long until it takes effect, and can you physically tell a difference (notice engorgement more often than before taking??) DD is eating more than I am pumping, now that I am back to work, and I don't want to resort to formula quite yet.

TIA!

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Our darling daughter and sweetheart guy.

Melissa and Rob, 10/30/08

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker 
Sept Siggy Fun: Fairy Tales

Re: XP: Fenugreekers, a ? for you

• Options

I take 9 per day, 3 at each meal to see results. I get twice as much as before in 48 hours. Also make sure you are drinking 1/2 your body weight in water. Not eating mint or sage etc...

read kellymom.com for other things you should and should not be doing to help your supply.

• Options

The first dr I talked to about breastfeeding (male) fled the room in horror.  The next one (female) said she lived by Kellymom.com. I feel pretty comfortable using it. I started off using just a little. I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.  As long as you know you aren't pregnant, start at a low dose and roll with it. I only use it during the week of my period.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"