Stay at Home Moms
Options

What do you do with all of your photographs?

I used to be very anal about getting everything developed and into photo albums with all the pertinent infomation on the back. Since my daughter has been born, I think I have developed a couple months worth of photos but that is it. I am soooo behind...at least a 1,000 pics. I just do not have the time anymore.

I am thinking about just giving up on the developing part and just saving everything on a cd (I've always done that anyway with all the other pictures). I hate not having albums though as I do like to look at them from time to time.

Re: What do you do with all of your photographs?

• Options
    Everything is archived by date online. We print the best and get them framed or into albums. Otherwise, they stay online.
  • Options
    I put them online on Picasa.  We print about 30-40 every month (I am also behind, by about six months).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's so hard to keep up with all the photographs, for sure!!!  :)

We've moved them all up through just this last month onto an external harddrive and each month, we burn that month's photos and videos onto DVD and ship them to my mother.  She gets to enjoy them AND we have a second place for them to be safe in case of fire or computer crash!  ;)

I also have started making Coffee Table Books in various sizes using My Publisher.  IT'S AMAZING!!!  Not cheap, but the most wonderful way to publish all our vacations, Emily's 1st birthday party, etc. and it couldn't be easier to use!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    I am so behind on my pictures.  I have a ton of scrapbooking stuff that I'd like to use but I'm just so overwhelmed.  Most of our pictures are just online.  I haven't developed any in......I can't even remember the last time. 
  • Options

I also gave up on printing photos. It was just too expensive b/c I couldn't narrow down the pics, so it was 200+ photos/month. I back the pics up on an external harddrive (I'm also going to burn them on DVDs). They're all organized by month.

About every 3 months, I make a photo/video DVD and send it to family members.

I save separate copies of "milestone" photos (first bath, first carrot, rolling over, etc). In Photoshop, I write whatever the achievement is and the date. Those will be printed out and become her baby book.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get them made into photo books. It costs a little more, but they take up way less room than an album stuffed with prints. I use artscow.com. They always have online coupons for free photo books and products.
  • Options

I archive our pictures on DVDs.. I make one copy to have to play around with and then a second copy that goes in our fireproof safe for safe keeping.

I post the most important pics on the baby's blog site, and then once every few months, I turn the blog into a book at blurb.com.  My sister found the site and surprised DH and I with a blurb book of our pregnancy blog- it now sits prominently displayed on our shelf!!!

I have also made books from shutterfly and mypublisher in the past.

• Options
    We keep them all on CDs and print only the best to put in an album. I also scrapbook all the "big stuff".
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We actually built a website for our families and to store all our pictures.

www.palmettomarshes.com

Kerri

• Options

I'm not sure if you have to have a Mac to use it.... But I love iPhoto because it's super easy to have our photos made into printed books. Since we've gone digital I've made a book every year.?

At first it seemed expensive, but in?actuality?it's much less money than I used to spend on developing film. ?

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"