Baby Showers
Options

Does it have to be a suprise?

A suprise baby shower would be nice, but I kind of want a say in what goes on... If someone does it as a suprise, do they do everything their way or do you have input? Most baby showers Ive gone to play the dumbest games (no offense) but I want to have played some more fun games!

Re: Does it have to be a suprise?

• Options

I've really only ever heard of surprise showers in the northeast.  Thank goodness we don't have them here.

The decisions, in either event, are the hostess's and whatever extent she solicits your input.  When she asks for a guest list, ask how many people she's expecting.  She should set a date with you that's convenient for both of you.  After that, she may or may not ask for more input.

• Options

Baby showers do not have to be a suprise. But if you do end up with a true "suprise" shower then you would have no say at all since it would be a suprise to you. If you have had someone offer to give you a shower, then it is up to the host how much they keep you involved. They may just set a date with you and ask for a guest list. You need to make sure when providing them with this list that it is within the amount of people they can handle hosting. If the host asks you for your input, you can then give your suggestions.

My BFF that is throwing my shower had never hosted a baby shower and has wanted my input the intire time. I was ok with this or letting her do things on her own. We set a date and she has done a lot on her own, but we did get together and pick out the invitation together, but she is addressing/mailing them on her own from the list that I gave her. We choose some games together, she asked me about the decorations, but she choose the favors that will be given out.

Hope this helps!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I fail to see how it would be a surprise if you know about it enough to give input. I always assumed surprise showers were just that - complete surprises. Therefore, they throw it the way THEY want, without any opinions from you (which is often the case no matter what actually).?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My friend gave me a surprise shower...for my 3rd child (18 years from the 2nd child).  I had NO idea...it was truly a surprise.  She must have gotten names and addresses from my DH.  A shower does not have to be a surprise and if your host wants imput then give it.  If you know about the shower maybe suggest some games you've heard of.
  • Options
    I'm having 3 showers, and 2 of them are going to be a somewhat surprise. The only thing I have ANY say in is what day it was on. It's not a surprise if you give your input!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We don't have surprise baby showers around here. I think it's regional. I would not have liked being surprised with my shower.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • Options
    Those happen occasionally out here but the trick is - if it is a surprise - you won't know it is coming.
    I can totally understand wanting to have a say. On the other hand, do you really need one more thing on your plate? As long as you register it can't be too bad.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    I've never been to a surprise baby shower. I wouldn't want one either.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"