San Diego Babies
Options

Can anyone recommend outdoor location for maternity pix?

Hi! I was wanting to know if anyone could recommend a great location for outdoor maternity photos up towards north county (Del Mar and north). We previously lived in Hawaii for four years and had both our maternity photos for our 1st daughter and her 1 year photos taken at the beach so we are looking for something different. Our photographer recommended a beach with some tide pools near Solana/Del Mar, and I don't mean to write it off before I see it (since I haven't been there), but IMHO I don't think that the beach there will look prettier than what we had in Hawaii (sorry). Our photographer tends to work more towards North county (i.e. Del Mar up to Oceanside) so can anyone recommend any outdoor locations in that area (i.e. park, historical building, etc) that may be nice to take pictures? We were also trying to factor a location where our 20 month old DD wouldn't be so distracted- another reason why I'm anti-beach is because I know DD would not see that location as "picture taking" time, but would run straight for the water and/or roll around the sand and make mudpies :P I've seen some fabulous engagement photos from some of you ladies so I thought I'd ask! TIA!

Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor location for maternity pix?

• Options
    Hi, I know you said you were looking for the non beach theme, but if you did want a Hawaii type place there is a resort called Paradise Point Resort and it is a beautiful backdrop for photos.  It is very close to looking like Hawaii.  However it is near sea world, not north county.  Ofcourse there is also Balboa park but again that is in San Diego not North County.  Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    I don't know how far along you are, but the Flower Fields in Carlsbad are so beautiful when they bloom.  I *think* they bloom closer to April.  Another place that might get you some fun pictures is the Oceanside pier.  It would definitely be different from you Hawaii pics!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My suggestions - Leo Carillo Ranch, Old Poway Park.  If you're a fan of the urban shots, you can try downtown Encinitas or Carlsbad for some cool backdrops.

I'd also recommend just talking to your photographer about location ideas/suggestions.  I'm willing to bet that they'd love to steer away from the typical beach shots, too (trust me - we're *always* looking for new spots).

• Options
    There is always the Mission in O'side
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"