Pregnant after a Loss
Options

For all new BFPs: SAL Mantras

-"Today I am pregnant and I love my baby."

--"I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise."

--"My past does not dictate my future. A previous m/c does not mean I will have another m/c."

--"Just because something sad is happening to another poster, does not mean it will happen to you." We all know m/c and complications are not contagious!

-- "Hope does not make bad things happen" You cannot ?jinx? your pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive!

--And this is the hardest one: "There is nothing I can do to prevent a m/c from happening. Worrying yourself sick doesn't prevent a m/c. And if (gods forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For all new BFPs: SAL Mantras

• Options
    Thanks Kimmie...I think I need to print this out and have it glued to my arm or something...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I read and recited these at least twice a day in the beginning. I still read over them from time to time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you very much!  It's hard not to worry but the mantras definitely help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you!!!!!  I ust cut and pasted them into a word doc so I can read them everyday!!!!!!!!  If I could print them out and hang them up in my classroom without everyone seeing it and knowing I was KU, I would!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, I definitely need to put these somewhere where I can read them every day.
  • Options
    Thank you!  I definitely need the reminders!!

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    Thanks!! I totally needed to hear those. Especially the one about jinxing things...my mind totally went there last m/c. I think I'm going to like it here!
  • Options
    Very good words to hear and repeat.  Thanks for posting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"