Working Moms

XP:Daycare ?

DD just started Daycare & now has a horrible cold, posted below. When I brought her in earlier this week I brought saline drops & the aspirator to suck out mucus. They said they will do the saline but no the aspirators. I thought that was odd. Anyone else's daycare do this?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: XP:Daycare ?

• DD's daycare will use an aspirator on her if they have the time.  But really, without the wrestling match to start the process I have a better chance of aspirating dd's ear.  The day care may have had many babies like my dd, and realized that it is not only difficult, but also time consuming.  And with all the babies in their care, they would rather focus their attention on wiping noses, changing diapers, entertaining, feeding and what not.

You know they more I think about it, dd's day care has said that they would but I don't think that they have ever done it.  Like I stated above, it may just come down to the amount of time it would take.  At least they are honest with you.  But if you would like to know why they won't, ask them.

• I work at a daycare and we won't do this.  It's too much of a liability. We can give out medication, but we can't do anything like "treatments."
    Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • If she is that sick - shouldn't she be out of daycare anyways?
  • My ds's daycare does this, but only if the baby is really congested.
  • imageAlisaS:
    If she is that sick - shouldn't she be out of daycare anyways?

That sick? She has a cold honey. If she was older she'd blow her own nose but since she's a baby she can't. Hence the need for an aspirator to get the snot out. As long as it's not green or yellow & she is eating, drinking & acting fine there is no reason she cannot go to daycare.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Exactly, she has a cold...not a big deal. My daycare wouldn't do it either. I think it's about liability too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"