Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Monkey or jungle them for a girl

Any sugguestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monkey or jungle them for a girl

• Options
    Well since they are so similar, you could combine and do a jungle/monkey theme. I think it helps to first find the bedding you love then develop the rest of the nursery from there.
  • Options
    BabyGap has blankets, sheets, wall decor in a very subdued jungle theme for girls.  You have to look under "accessories" or "blankets" because there isn't a whole bedding ensemble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our nursery is rainforest and monkey themed for our little girl.  We liked bright stimulating colors and chose the Fisher Price Rainforest bedding.  We have (or had at the developmental stages they were useful) lots of the other Fisher Price Rainforest items as well (bouncy, bassinet, play mat, swing (the one that wasn't recalled), pack n play (but it has been recalled now), diaper keeper, lamp, etc. We have a tree in one corner of her room that has leaves that go up on the ceiling and monkeys and other rainforest animals hanging on branches and peeking out of tree holes, etc.  DD loves it!  She wakes up saying "Hi"  to the tree and the animals in the morning and wants me to take her over to see and touch them before her 1st diaper change of the morning.  In addition to these things, she has monkey decals on her bedroom window (they came in a set with different "dots" in greens and browns.  She also sleeps with one of her monkeys every night.

I say go for either theme or a combined theme.  Bright or subdued ... it is a theme that little girls can love just as well as boys!

• Options
    I'm not sure the sex of my baby yet, so I'm going a green monkey theme with the Pop Monkey bedding from BRU.  If I have a girl I plan on a few pink accents to doll the place up. 
  • Options

we're doing a monkey theme for our baby girl--greens, browns, and pinks.  :-)  we found really cute green fabric with monkeys at joann's, so my mom is using that with a brown with little white polka dots, a solid green, a solid pink, and a pink with contemporary shapes on it that are greens and browns to make a quilt. i used some of the pieces to make shades/valances & a crib skirt.  i figure get the monkey sheets or pink-brown polka dot sheets at BRU.

an easy way to make some monkey girly and cute--put a little bow in their hair.  :-)  there are also some real cute sock monkeys on etsy.  :-)

• Options
    I think Monkey but it really doesn't matter because they are so close.
  • Options
    PBK Kids has pink monkey bedding.  I am tempted to redo DD's room but she already has a nice nursery.
  • Options
    i am doing "papagayo"  you can google it...it's mainly monkeys, but does have some other "rainforest' animals...we are being surprised by the gender so girl or boy, it'll have to do....it looked pretty neutral to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"