Nurseries and Baby Gear

DIY Dog Nursery

We've decided to go with a dog theme for Baby Mitch's room, but don't want to make it too babyish.  Any suggestions?

My Mom and I will make all of the bedding, curtains, etc.  I'm going fabric shopping tonight to try to find something solid that compliments the shade of green we're painting the walls and we'll applique tan and chocolate paw prints and dog bones onto the various items. 

I also thought I'd have nice photos of our dogs (boxers) and the other dogs in the family (labs) taken and that I'd have them blown up and printed in Sephia tones to hang on the walls. 

Re: DIY Dog Nursery

• I am doing a Dog play room. I am also using pictures of our dogs in Sepia. I also bought this from Babies R Us. It is discontinued so it might not be around in stores long.

• Check out HGTV's website & the Rate My Space part - there's a whole section on nurseries, and if you type in "puppies" in the search function on that section, you'll find some cute ideas.  One I loved (before we knew we're having a girl) was for a little boy named Tilden - if you do a search on his name, that nursery will come up.  They used a lot of sepia-toned dog pictures, too.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh! That Tilden nursery on rate my space is soooooo adorable!!!!!!! I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure if you're still on, but I was on www.designdazzle.com today (nursery section) and they had a puppy one on there, too.
  • Thank you so much! I love Tilden's room.  I finally found the fabric to make the bedding and accessories this weekend.

It's from Nancy Halverson's Winsome collection - Tonal Dots in Azure and Teal.  We chose paint that's very close to the Azure fabric.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"