Secondary IF
Options

So, have we ever discussed Jon and Kate +8 on this board?

Saw this article on another board- I've been thinking for awhile now how sad it is that J&K are using their kids as a meal ticket. Sad

https://www.phillymag.com/articles/jon_and_kate_gosselin/page1

Re: So, have we ever discussed Jon and Kate +8 on this board?

• Options

Personally, I'd rather them make money this way through the free market rather than living off of welfare aka tax payers money. Which since Jon was laid off that is probably what would have happened. I mean, it has become a job for them. Talk about a work a home job. She still can raise her kids, make money for the family and really I don't think the kids are being harmed.?

Now the OctoMom is a different story. She is living off of the tax payers and used that money to have these 8 kids out of wedlock on purpose. That is so selfish and awful. I will not watch anything that has to do with her. ?

• Options
    I agree with pp.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Indifferent

I think it's terrible.  Those kids didn't ask for this.  Granted, I don't watch the show so I am going on this article alone but I think it is just wrong on so many levels to exploit their kids like that.  For anyone to exploit their kids like that. 

As for this Octomom drama.  I try not to read too much about it.  I am kind of hoping it will go away soon.  It won't of course and she will more than likely have her own show soon too.  **Sigh**

• Options
    Part of me wants to be outraged but they are able to have 2 full time parents who are always there for them and live a good life.  That simply would not be possible unless they do what they do.  Before they did the show John worked on the week days 12 hrs and Kate worked weekends.  What type of life is that?
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    imageaxr8111:

Personally, I'd rather them make money this way through the free market rather than living off of welfare aka tax payers money. Which since Jon was laid off that is probably what would have happened. I mean, it has become a job for them. Talk about a work a home job. She still can raise her kids, make money for the family and really I don't think the kids are being harmed. 

Now the OctoMom is a different story. She is living off of the tax payers and used that money to have these 8 kids out of wedlock on purpose. That is so selfish and awful. I will not watch anything that has to do with her.  

I agree!

• Options
    Life with 8 brothers and  sisters never had a chance to be normal anyway. Everywhere they go they'd be a spectacle regardless. The show doesn't hurt them in any way and many people enjoy watching it so I say good for them. I HOPE I'm never faced with a selective reduction choice and if I were... I don't know if I'd do the same or something different. I do think having that many kids, it's great if both parents can be at home. Even if it means telling people about your story and having cameras in your home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm with you Mrs Reem...  I think it's gone too far.  The thing that bothers me the most is that these children are isolated from so many people who care about them simply because of Kate.  (Jodi, Beth, their relatives, etc.)

But then again, I know there are always two sides to the story so who knows....

BTW - I'm new here!  Hello everyone!

Nicol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"