Multiples

Relactation

One of the girls on 0-6 said someone over hear has tried Relactation...I wanted to hear about your experiences.  I am thinking about trying this out,as I really would like to breastfeed
Alicia
Mom to Three Sweet Things
Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness

Re: Relactation

• Hi There,

It's me!  I EP'ed for about 3 months and stopped for 1.5 months.  When I decided to relactate, I started taking Domperidone, drinking Mothers Milk Tea and pumping like crazy.  I got milk within a week and at the two week point I started to feel that my milk was "coming in".  However, that was this week and we are shooting a TV show with my kids so I'm not able pump as much as I should be so my supply isn't great.  I will be pumping on a better schedule this week again and I'm pretty confident that I will be able to increase my supply.

Also, I just started taking more milk plus so I'm hoping to see an increase i that.  One of my LO's nursed last night for about 10 minutes!  I was so excited that he took to it.  They aren't very interested so anytime they'll go to my breast is a HUGE bonus to my supply.

GL- we can be relactation buddies :)

I started taking Domperidone, drinking Mother's M

• I've been thinking about doing this and can't decide if it would stress me out. I lost my milk supply about 3 weeks ago for various reasons. The extra time not pumping is great, but I still cry everytime I see one of my nursing bras!

Maybe if we had someone to vent to....I think going back to work killed my supply.

• Loading the player...
  • I used to cry everytime I pumped and did not get enough for each feeding.  I was giving 75% EBM and 25% Formula.  I thought I was a complete failure.

This time, I have no expectations about supply- any BM is better than none.  It's very possible that I may end up making more than enough but if I don't, I'm OK with that- I'll give them what I can.  I find this has helped me tremendously- I just took the pressure off myself.

• Wow thanks girls! I'm so glad you actually found this post.  DH and I are taking a few days to really think about this, as it is a big step but I am really all about it.  I will try pumping, as DS does not want any part of the breast, ha maybe that will change.  I'm on the same boat, anything would be great, I don't expect it to be a huge supply!  Well, I hope it works out for all three of us!  Post for me on 0-6 if you want!  As I only have one little guy, and I'll come over here if I have any questions and to check in.  Thanks!! Your little ones are adorable.
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"